Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan

Pre-ordered myself just to check it out. Someone holler on the server choice when it gets close enough.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo View Post
    Meh. No Mac client. WTF?
    Dual boot.

Anyway, yes I understand the arguments. Plenty of time to play other games.

But still I fear: "How you gonna keep 'em on the farm after they've seen Paree."

Schlep through early SSC, or raid some hot new content in Conan with AK?

We'll see.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

With an expansion, of course. I'm even back on the WoW expansion bandwagon after seeing that video from yesterday.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Sadly to be honest I am looking for an escape from WOW.

Ive played many MMOs before wow and still plan to play many more. New games for me are a blast. I love seeing, discovering, and exploring new things. WoW will never be better than it was for me when I lvl'd my first toon to 60.

Yes I loved the expansion, the new dungeons, the new talents, the new BG's and arena action but it soon too fades to the daily grind of doing the same things over and over.

I guess I also have to admit I have been unable to get my brother to return to WOW and he is very excited about AOC and it will be a good chance to game with him again even tho he is living close now adays.

I know I am not a core raider so I dont feel too bad about leaving for another game but I do hope more of AK takes a peak at it since from what I have gathered it is a guild based game, more so than WOW. The only downside I see is its a little more PVP orientated than wow with guild wars and such but again thats my thing.

Of course I have been excited about many games in the past that turned out to be crap and if that is the case I have no problems stating such and coming back to hang with friends.

Either way I wouldnt look at AOC as a downfall for the guild but a chance for alot of those that have left WOW to get back together in a new game and having fun with old friends.

I am worried that this will be another WoW copy. I thought I read(granted I havent read a lot) that it was cooldown based combat, Tree skill system, stuff like that. Is there any major differences I overlooked?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Seriously, if we're struggling to fill raids now, what's it going to be like after 1/3 of the guild buys Conan?

Think it's going to be easier to get 25 on a Tuesday night?

This is not a complaint. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. If we aren't raiding there isn't a whole lot in WOW for me now either.

From what I have seen and heard the combat style is suppose to be totally different than any other MMO although I wouldnt be surprised to see cooldowns since cooldowns have been used since the first MMO's pretty much.

Also even tho I enjoy a good debate on the forums I cant argue with Squid since he is right and it sucks, if you arnt raiding and getting better and prettier epix for the few extra stats than the one you have now there aint much to do in WOW. I guess thats why i grow tired of it.

In the long run even if AOC is like WOW but not WOW its still a few months of newness to enjoy and if everyone I wanted to join joins there wouldnt be many folks in WOW AK if any....so if you could do that, it would be great yeaaaaa.

On the concern about WoW, im not going anywhere, just thought it would be nice to try something new. If it is just like WoW, i wont last long, since WoTLK is comming soon. I dont want to play wow with different graphics. I guess I will see in a week!

Before anyone cries for the death of WoW, how about letting some people go in there and "scope it out".

Who knows it could be amazing and almost everyone could change, it could be awful and only a few hard core people like it.

Or it could split up the troops so to speak, and if that occurs then each troop split just brings more people into the community.

I'm intrigued by the game but not sure that I will enjoy the graphics because they appear to um graphic for my taste. That said, I am more than willing to go let Nuts and Bojan and Palooka and Swae and others go test the waters if the kool-aide doesn't kill them then it may be an opportunity.

I preordered today and got a card for a mammoth mount. Hooray!

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Beaker View Post
    I'm intrigued by the game but not sure that I will enjoy the graphics because they appear to um graphic for my taste.
    He was bred to the finest stock!
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

One may only hope that <18 actually wont be able to play.

Also on a side note my brother has the early access to the game and will start playing friday, I requested he play on a PVP server, I will post the name of the server when he is able to create a character.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    How are they doing PVP? Is this an open PVP system where you can attack anyone? Or is it a factioned system of some sort (i.e. Alliance vs. Horde)?

While an open system is more realistic it can be Hell out in the wild. I remember the Ultima Online days.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo View Post
    While an open system is more realistic it can be Hell out in the wild. I remember the Ultima Online days.
    The thing that made UO wild wasn't the open-world pvp. It was the fact that your body could be looted of everything - including your teleportation runes and house keys.

Kill someone, loot their keys, use their runes to port to the house/guild keep, and loot everything.

Don't get me started on pickpocketing at the bank.

What I dont understand about AoC and maybe its just cause I havent looked hard enough, is what is the point of this game. I know it has pvp in it, but are their dungeons, how do you get gear, what type of classes are there, what kind of upgrades to your town, how are the controls handled....ect

I think it would be fun to play a game where you can defend your town and upgrade your town and stuff. but I havent seen a point or a purpose of this game. Every video I have seen for this game has been the environment or animals. I want to see game play to see what it looks like. I want to know what to expect from this game.