Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Some info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_conan

Looks like the combat system is very different. You direct where you want to swing your sword whether it be downward on the head or a side shot to the body.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo View Post
    Some info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_conan

Looks like the combat system is very different. You direct where you want to swing your sword whether it be downward on the head or a side shot to the body.
    Wow that sounds pretty cool.

Ok so im on the offical website reading about the classes, lol makes me want to go buy it just to see if its any good. lol LAWL

Hard part for me is, if i like it its going to be hard to leave my friends on wow lol that dont want to play it

Maybe I like it so much cause I just watched 300 last night so I am in the THIS IS SPARTA zone right now
    Last edited by Neurotic; 05-14-2008 at 06:12 AM.

screw it, I am going to try it out, just to see if my comp can handle it and if its worth spending time playing on off raid days for wow. let me know what server we are going to on friday I wanna tag along. Getting collectors edition after work if my copy is still on hold.

Anyone have a link on where to download it? The pre-order said it could be downloaded as soon as today.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    $65 is pretty steep to me to "try it out" ($50 for the game + $15 monthly fee).

I'm going to wait for the reviews from AK members before I decide to take the plunge.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I have a hard time deciding if I will like something when someone else says its amazing. When wow first came out I refused to play, all my friends said it was amazing. 3 months later I recieved a free trial from a magazine I bought, so I tried it and was hooked.

First hand experience is better for me. Plus something about "ancient" battles and characters is kinda making me want to try this. hard part will be deciding what class to be.
    Last edited by Neurotic; 05-14-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedious View Post
    Anyone have a link on where to download it? The pre-order said it could be downloaded as soon as today.
    When I pre-ordered, they gave me a card with a scratch off area that has my 'key number'. At the bottom there was a website that you go to for downloading the client (which I hear is huge). I'll post it when I get home tonight.

Does anyone know if we have to do anything beyond being on the same server to be able to play together, ie choose the same side? From what I see there are 3 races, but it doesn't mention a division like horde or alliance. Let's definitely make sure we all get on the same server so that we can get an AK guild going.

Speaking of which, can any of us start up the AK AoC guild or do we need a full [AK] to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bojan View Post
    I love seeing, discovering, and exploring new things.
    THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Swae View Post
    When I pre-ordered, they gave me a card with a scratch off area that has my 'key number'. At the bottom there was a website that you go to for downloading the client (which I hear is huge). I'll post it when I get home tonight.

Does anyone know if we have to do anything beyond being on the same server to be able to play together, ie choose the same side? From what I see there are 3 races, but it doesn't mention a division like horde or alliance. Let's definitely make sure we all get on the same server so that we can get an AK guild going.

Speaking of which, can any of us start up the AK AoC guild or do we need a full [AK] to do it?
    Great thanks, I ordered online yesterday, It said they would send more info within 24 hrs, I assume its the online key and the website. 12+ gig will take a bit im thinking, so I wanted to get going asap.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Go ahead and take the reigns on that, Swae. Like WoW, this isn't a "Full" AK operation.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly View Post
    Go ahead and take the reigns on that, Swae. Like WoW, this isn't a "Full" AK operation.
    What constitutes a "Full" AK operation? Just curious. :P

I vote for a full guild/game transfer lol
    You get to build your own town to defend
    you get to do dungeons
    you get to pvp

What more is there? lol

Sorry bored at work, making me giddy

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    What constitutes a "Full" AK operation? Just curious. :P
    There's the August Knight's organization, and then there's the WOW-AK guild.

There's some overlap, but the "AKO" or "Full AK" has a different membership/org structure the the WOW-AK guild. Different rules for membership, different ranks, and people who don't even own WoW.

I (and you, probably) use the word "full" for lack of a better term.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    I believe in order to download the game early you have to pay the $5.00 early access fee which gives you a few days head start and the ability to download the 13GIG client.

My brother has been downloading it for the last few days....I suspect its because it is due to his crappy DSL but it could be because of the larte number of folks download an extremly large file.

As far as the PVP server goes I am not a 100% sure how it works other than the PVE server has PVP zones set aside other than the PVP games where as I believe the PVP server has more zones available for open world PVP.

BTW I liked old school UO PVP I actually quit when they created the "other" non PVP world for everyone to play.

Probably another reason why I liked Shadow Bane, horrible graphics, horrible controls, great consept. Guild towns open PVP with the ability to loot corpses yay!