Thread: pirates of the burning sea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

pirates of the burning sea

anyone checking that out? i think the open beta starts soon...

I've seen it/played it a bit every year I go to the Penny-Arcade Expo. They've really been putting in the time to get it well polished - the crafting system is excellent, skill progression and level progression seems outstanding. As you gain command to larger ships, you cant just take on the world by yourself, as a group of frigitates can take you down if ya let 'em surround ya. Wind speed and directions realistically effect ship's speed and turning and must be kept in mind when planning an attack route on targets.

Last time I played it they were getting ready to impliment hand to hand ship boarding and combat, so not sure how that's turned out. Ports can be blockaded, taken over, etc.

So yeah, worth checking out when the public beta hits.
    Ditguidice - Hand of A'dal, Champion of the Naaru ///// Soulquencher - Hand of A'dal, Knight Captain.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many comprimisises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assmilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"

This actually looks like a lot of fun. I'd be up for checking it out come beta.
    Keep me posted if anyone D/Ls it and would like a partner to get to know the game a bit better.

http://www.burningsea.com/page/home

Same here....I thought this one looked pretty cool. If you get any information about the beta, let us know.....Thanks.

i wonder if stitch still has a fileplanet acct... they can acces the beta today

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Choozoo View Post
    If it doesn't run on Xbox 360 don't bother/
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Choozoo View Post
    With the majority of my gaming time being spent on consoles I let my account to fileplanet expire.

Vax
    My wife pre-ordered this and is very excited for the release. I would like to play as well. Once we know the servers, we should set up an August Knights society. Any thoughts to country affiliation? Navy? Is anyone else planning on playing?
    Vax

Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Vaxschulah View Post
    My wife pre-ordered this and is very excited for the release. I would like to play as well. Once we know the servers, we should set up an August Knights society. Any thoughts to country affiliation? Navy? Is anyone else planning on playing?
    Oh awesome! I thought I was going to be all alone. I pre-ordered and have joined forces with a few friends that I met during the beta and you're all welcome to join us.. We're planning on playing Spain on Rackham. As well, we've got ~13 people (all pre-orders) so we should have a fairly decent society production line. If we get enough people, I'd be more then happy to split off and form a full-blown AK society.

I'll post here Monday afternoon with my in game name(s) as soon as I've confirmed I can get'em.

Vax
    Quote Originally Posted by Osred View Post
    Oh awesome! I thought I was going to be all alone. I pre-ordered and have joined forces with a few friends that I met during the beta and you're all welcome to join us.. We're planning on playing Spain on Rackham. As well, we've got ~13 people (all pre-orders) so we should have a fairly decent society production line. If we get enough people, I'd be more then happy to split off and form a full-blown AK society.

I'll post here Monday afternoon with my in game name(s) as soon as I've confirmed I can get'em.
    Ok I will reserve Rackham for my Spanish characters. If you have plans for a society, I would be willing to join. If the game generates more interest, we can look at forming an AK society.
    Vax

Vax
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Vaxschulah View Post
    Ok I will reserve Rackham for my Spanish characters. If you have plans for a society, I would be willing to join. If the game generates more interest, we can look at forming an AK society.
    Character is Domingo Ruiz - Spanish on Rackham Only level 2 so far.
    Vax

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Update: Damn, no more betas. See you all in QW!
    Last edited by [AK]The Beast; 01-07-2008 at 03:09 PM.