Thread: LCD light

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

LCD light

Is there any harmful radiation emitted from LCD light on an LCD screen monitor that one should be aware of?

The reason I ask is the glass on my tablet notebook got cracked during my travels. So I took apart the monitor basel and just pulled out the glass - exposing the LCD screen behind it. (The glass was there as the writting surface for the tablet functionality). I am unaware if conventional LCD screens have some kind of protective surface on them that filters out any sort of damaging radiation. If so, that coating may have been omited in my model.

I'm highly doubtful that there is an issue here, but just doing my due dillegence to find out. I can touch the LCD screen without harming it, so my guess is the screen still has some sort of protective surface on it anyway.

-Clay
    [insert signature text here]

Said monitor is made up of liquid crystals rather than emitting light on screen. So without consulting a Scientist or a Engineer of LCD's I would say no harmful rays to worry about.

Although please don't hold me responsible for any brain damage that might occur as a result of me talking out of my rear =)

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    According to wiki:

Safety

The liquid crystals inside the display are poisonous and must not be ingested or brought into contact with skin. Spills from a cracked display should be washed off immediately with soap and water. [4]

Other than that no radiation to worry about.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Great there goes my plan to bump Clay off by exposing him to moniter radiation or tricking him into licking the display moniter while it was cracked and oozing.

Now I have to get creative!

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Beaker View Post
    Great there goes my plan to bump Clay off by exposing him to moniter radiation or tricking him into licking the display moniter while it was cracked and oozing.

Now I have to get creative!
    Slip a small LCD screen inside of his pillow case. When he lays his head down at night,,, *bam* your problem is solved ;-)