Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AoC First Impressions

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

What's funny is that I must have a real Retail key, but I dont even have the game yet. So, do I need to go get it and pay the $49 bucks? Time will tell.

So the game hasn't launched yet? That I find hard to believe.
    Last edited by [AK]Rocks; 05-20-2008 at 06:12 PM.

August Knights

Looks like they just opened (10.30EST)

So we are on Stormrage?? I just bought the game this morning and will be on sometime this afternoon (hopefully). Tider will be my toon name because I am unimaginative.
    I like to shoot things
    Roll Tide Roll

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    I have a few interviews tody and a 4H meeting tonight but I will try and get in later and get a few lvls.

Kidd the only key mapping issue I have ran into is the ability to map to my 3rd mouse button. All other keys I havnt had any issues yet, I assume the mouse thing is already fixed at launch or will be soon.

As far as moving icons around the screen on the bars i dont have any issues with that either but there is an interface menu you can look at just like wow where you can hide your helm lock actions bars etc.

It can be a gankfest, there are ways around it but the (graveyards) are close to quest zone so if i get ganked I litterly loose 30 seconds of game time before I am rezzed and back to my questing.

As Rocks stated there is a single player element which is convientant for questing and following the story line.

To Plugh, the game is instanced, I have played many games int he past that were the same way a many that werent. It really hasnt hindered my gaming experience at all.

The faces look good in my opion if you dont like the 10 or so premade faces you can go to advanced options and tweak it to your liking with 30+ facial feature tweaks.

Yes its kinda like wow in the same way WOW way like DAOC. Two different games different storys different classes etc etc etc both are MMOs

Toons are solid which I like, this will be a tool having healers behind tanks etc for PVE and PVP encounters.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tider View Post
    So we are on Stormrage?? I just bought the game this morning and will be on sometime this afternoon (hopefully). Tider will be my toon name because I am unimaginative.
    Yes I believe we have all settled with Stormrage.

August Knights

Yes we are on Stromrage!

Stormrage here.... I am Karna, Stygian Ranger.

First impressions..... WOW! And not World of Warcraft WOW

I would love to write you a long lengthy review Squid but frankly I'm too engrossed in playing!

The graphics are amazing and runs very smooth on my rig which is a year or so outdated.

Made it through the first or second quest and its very similar to wow. (!) over quest givers and (X) over quest objectives. I do like being able to see the objectives on my mini map well before I reach the actual objective.

The combat is fun as hell, coming off a paladin it makes for a bit of work and quick thinking but I like it. I can see where its actually going to bring in player skill. I haven't made it out of single player mode yet so I can't confess to the Gank fest but the faster we get a group together the better that will be.

The controls are very similar to WoW, and the XP bar and skill bar is actually laid out well. Inventory, Items, the same.

Decent chat window laid out somewhat like WOW although I haven't actually gotten to use it.

Fair enough to say I'll be sticking with this one for some time .... Lots of Red Bull and packs of Marlboro in my future

Damnit I want to be at home playing (and convincing Kidd to play)!!!

3 more hours, and then I can see if I can even log in..lol.

Has anyone tried more than one class or have any insight into any of the classes? I definitely want to try something that's very different from a paladin, although I admit I was initially drawn to the Dark Templar. I think I might try a Herald of Xotli, just b/c it's different and I hear they are low in population as of now.

Any thoughts?

I knew from the go that I wanted a Ranged DPS class. Whether it be a caster or ranger. Tanks won't really be aggro based tanks but more so a wall of melee with caster and ranged types standing behind throwing bombs. No aggro means sick DPS in raids and groups.

I'll probably check out the caster types sometime but I'm loving my ranger at the moment.

I have all 5 mouse buttons mapped, in every game I play. Not allowing me to map to my mouse is like losing an arm.

And my account is canceled still. I entered (added) the retail key, and I got a "Failed action, try again later" message. been "Trying again later" every half hour....still nothing.

I guess yall know where I'll be
    "]

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Brorlis View Post
    I knew from the go that I wanted a Ranged DPS class. Whether it be a caster or ranger. Tanks won't really be aggro based tanks but more so a wall of melee with caster and ranged types standing behind throwing bombs. No aggro means sick DPS in raids and groups.

I'll probably check out the caster types sometime but I'm loving my ranger at the moment.

This kind of post scares the hell out of me. I don't have a clue as to what you guys are talking about. Makes me not want to play.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Sounds a bit like Guild Wars with all the instancing and the solo mode.

I guess it's a longshot to expect many people on for Kara tonight.

I'll be on

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Nuts View Post
    This kind of post scares the hell out of me. I don't have a clue as to what you guys are talking about. Makes me not want to play.
    Naw, it's just a different set of lingo from the FPS type games. You have high damage type classes that either fight close up or far away (like army dudes with knives or guns), you have classes that can take a ton of damage (like army dudes riding in a tank?), and you have support classes that can heal, crowd control, or give bonuses to their friends (army guys with gadgets and med packs). At least that's how I think of it.

Ill be on for kara too. I came to the conclusion last night that I have put too much time and effort into jaxxon and now neuro to leave wow for another game. so its WOW or bust