Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: AoC First Impressions

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    I agree I am not happy with the friends, guild, or group managment atm.

When I do a guild search AK doesn't show up so how do I get an invite?

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

So I think I'm going to give this a whirl....but I need a new machine first. My single-core 2.1 GHz Athlon just ain't gonna cut it here. I'm looking at barebones kits on TigerDirect--may order as soon as next week and spend some of that ol' stimulus check.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]The Beast View Post
    So I think I'm going to give this a whirl....but I need a new machine first. My single-core 2.1 GHz Athlon just ain't gonna cut it here. I'm looking at barebones kits on TigerDirect--may order as soon as next week and spend some of that ol' stimulus check.
    My single core 3 GHz is running it ok. Not perfect, but with the settings on medium I get minimal choppiness. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Gunny Highway View Post
    When I do a guild search AK doesn't show up so how do I get an invite?
    My Main toons name is Crakan add me to your friends list as well as Grakan and Cheyannah. Check to see if I and or Rocks is online and we will toss you an invite.

As well post your toon names here and ill grab you first if i see you.

all [AK] will have invite privledges soon as we get them invited to the guild so you can look for Swae as well if she is in or Karna or Madasin(Kidd)

My 3.0ghz 2.5gb RAM, GEForce 7600 (512mb) just doesn't cut it either. What a load of crap. I'm stuck with AGP and am not going to spend $1000 to play a game. I have tweaked down every single settings and it's still slideshow. Damnit all to hell!

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Nuts View Post
    My 3.0ghz 2.5gb RAM, GEForce 7600 (512mb) just doesn't cut it either. What a load of crap. I'm stuck with AGP and am not going to spend $1000 to play a game. I have tweaked down every single settings and it's still slideshow. Damnit all to hell!
    Really? I have a 3. ghz with 2gb of RAM and a NVIDIA 8800 GTS, and although it's certainly not perfect, with it down on low/medium its easily playable. I'm no computer genius, but there may be something you can tweak to make it better.

Hmm, defragged lately Nuts?

That could have something to do with it if you haven't... otherwise I got no clue.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Im running a GeForce 7300GS with 512Mb and it runs like crap in game with all the setting turned as low as they will go. Planning on upgrading my ram and Video card (to an 8000 series) soon.

Its not bad when there arnt alot of players around but it can get irritating at times. Regardless it hasnt hindered my ability to complete quest and lvl up while i save some cash.

new thread in tech support. I need some nerd advice.

My Rig is a bit outdated but its running it smooth. I have a 3.8G Extreme Edition running a Geforce 6800GT AGP. 2G of memory and 2 Serial raptor drives set in Raid 0 for speed.

Its a little choppy when I first enter the game but after the first few seconds it clears right on up.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

My first first impression was that it ran quite smoothly. Had to turn the graphics down a good deal to get it smooth, but that's to be expected since I'm running an outdated rig, as mentioned previously.

Then I got a quest to go down a back alley and beat up some pirates. Small area, with only a few mobs, but it still ground to a halt--as in totally. As in, I got the snot kicked out of me and ended up a bloody smear. But I had to log anyway, so I'll be back soon to see if that was a one-off (as I suspect).