Thread: Greetings, AK!

Erych

ColorSmile Greetings, AK!

I am very much interested in joining your ranks, and as such, I have filled out your application below. Best regards, Erych.

Tell us about you:

Your "Real Life" Age and Occupation: My name is Erik, and I’m a 27 year old Systems Engineer at Lockheed Martin.

Availability for Raids: I’m available to raid whenever I am on, which is usually after 5:00 p.m. EST and before 1:00 a.m. EST on weekdays (except on Thursdays), and usually after 1:00 p.m. EST and before 3:00 a.m. EST on weekends. However, depending on my projects schedule at work, the above times may vary slightly.

Past guilds, and why you left each:

-- Asheron’s Call 1999: Circle of Arms (CoA). The guild broke into two halves. Half of CoA stayed CoA, while the other half of CoA became known as The Inner Circle (IC). I chose to join IC over staying with CoA because my closest Asheron’s Call friends from CoA were joining IC as well, and I wanted to continue to closely game with them.

-- Asheron’s Call 2000: Inner Circle (IC). The guild joined ranks with two other guilds on Darktide to form The Ancient Order (TAO), so technically, I never left this guild.

-- The Ancient Order (TAO). Eventually, IC became The Ancient Order, and I was a member of TAO from 2000 to 2007, and have played many games with them, including World of Warcraft when it was initially released. I chose to leave TAO because it was no longer what it once was when it was first created (a PvP centric group of players), and certain events in 2007 were the “last straw” for me in that sense. Therefore, I am no longer affiliated with them, but it was a good stretch I’d say, and there are no hard feelings whatsoever when all is said and done.

Past Raid Experience:

-- The Molten Core (MC). I used to be in a weekly MC raid for approximately three months as one of several “off-tanks” on my Orc Warrior.

-- AQ20. I ran several AQ20 raid instances with my Orc Warrior.

-- Black Wing Lair (BWL). I have only been into BWL once, so it is difficult for me to list any real experience I’ve had with this particular raid instance.

-- Karazhan. I used to be in a weekly Karazhan raid for approximately two months as a Feral Druid for DPS purposes.

Interest (Hard Core Raiding/Regular Raiding/Social Raiding/PVP): To be honest, the real reason I would like to join August Knights is for the social aspect of it all. In other words, while it’s fun to raid and get better gear, at the same time, it’s not so much about getting good gear as it is about having a good time playing with likeminded individuals working together towards, and succeeding at, a common goal.

How long have you been playing? (/played) I have played WoW since the very first day it went gold, for a total of 93.3 in game days across all characters.

Your email address: eriqk@hotmail.com

Tell us about your raiding main:

Character Name: Araweg

Class: Paladin

Raid Spec: He is currently Protection specced for leveling purposes. However, upon reaching level 70, I will be respeccing him completely to Holy for healing purposes.

Link to the WOW Armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...galor&n=Araweg

Attunements: I am currently attuned to Naxxaramus in anticipation of the next WoW expansion. I am also attuned to The Molten Core because, you know, you just never know... :P

Alts if any: Erych – Level 39 Human Warrior. He’s a twink that I use to PvP with my friends in the level 30 to 39 WSG and AB brackets. I also have two mules I use to store goods on...probably will have three shortly, haha. They are both level 1.

What are your professions? Are there any notable/exciting craftables that you can make?

-- Mining is at 375.
    -- Skinning is at 375.
    -- First Aid is at 375.
    -- Cooking is at 300.
    -- Fishing is at 300.

I do not have what I would consider as anything notable and/or exciting that I can currently make, cook, etc. at this time.

What mods do you currently have installed? I do not currently use any mods because I do not need them when it comes to general game play, as Blizzard’s interface options are sufficient enough for me. However, that being said, I will install whatever mods are needed of me when it comes to raiding, as I realize that raiding is much more informational intensive than general game play is by a long shot.

Do you have Ventrilo installed? Yes, and I use it on a daily basis to communicate with my friends while playing in game (or sometimes even when I’m not in game).

Do you have a working microphone and know how to use it? Yes, my microphone works, and I have it set to PTT so that you don’t have to worry about hearing any annoying and/or random background noises in my house, haha.

IMPORTANT - What is your favorite non-combat pet? White Kitten. I like cats, and even though none of the non-combat cat pets looks like mine, the White Kitten is my favorite choice since it is somewhat rarer than the other cats, and I mean, who doesn’t love cute kittens? :P

Miscellaneous - and probably most important section of all:

Why do you want to join the August Knights? I would like to join with and make a “family” of friends that I can play with on a regular basis, whether it be end-game raiding, other PvE-related events, PvPing, etc. I would also like to join because it seems like all of you are a lot of fun and don’t take things too seriously, unless they are serious matters to begin with. For me, that’s a very happy medium.

Do you know any current August Knights members who would be willing to vouch for you? Yes. I know Phena, Zenura, and Rjuna; and unless they are planning on extorting me for money in return for vouches, I’m pretty sure they will vouch for me regardless. :P

If you could have one "final meal" on earth, what would it be? I would eat shrimp dipped in cocktail sauce until I could physically eat no more of them. Delicious!

What are the last three books you read, and what did you think of each?

-- The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. I thought that this was a very thought-provoking book on the general principles of String Theory versus the Standard Model of Physics.

-- The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene. Same thought as above, only to a greater degree of intricacy since it is the latter book in the series.

-- Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment by George Leonard. I thought that this was a great book with respect to teaching people how to control the only thing that they can: themselves. I use its methods on a daily basis and find them to be very successful in almost every situation.

What is your all-time favorite movie, and why? National Lampoons Van Wilder. If there is one person in the world I wish I could be, it would be Ryan Reynolds’s character in that movie, Van. Ah, if only one could be a professional student forever! Super Troopers would come in as a close second though.

Paper or Plastic? Paper, because it is more readily recyclable.

Diamond Dave or Sammy? David Lee Roth. I’ve always liked his voice more than Sammy Hagar’s.

Kirk or Picard? Why? Captain Kirk. I was never into Star Trek as much as other people I’ve known, but I think that William Shatner does some of the funniest cameos I’ve ever seen in a bunch of my favorite movies, like Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, for instance. Haha, even those Priceline Negotiator commercials make me chuckle. :P

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Closing thread, copying to officer forum for discussion.