Thread: Grouping/Apprentice

Grouping/Apprentice

okay, that was just cool. You can apprentice up folks in your group thus giving them more hp/stamina/mana as long as they are with you. It doesn't work in instances and they don't get new combos or anything but at least they can travel with you and get the big XP from killing higher level beasties.

Also my Conq has a group skill Furious Inspiration:

"Furious inspiration is a group proc, basically when you are in a party and someone is attacked there is a chance Furious inspiration will become active.
    This Buff you get stacks up to 10 times and can be refreshed and stay at this mark for as long as someone takes damage, duration is 15 seconds.

What does Furious Inspiration do?

Each stack adds a 2% damage increase, at 4 stacks you proc a 20 point group heal, and at 10 stacks group in combat instant rez.
    Once the stack is at ten, each additional application seems to heal the party for 20 again, and everytime you attack you can proc the group ressurection."

How cool am i? In combat auto-res for group members. Neat-o

Welcome to the dark side Nuts!

That was some good stuff last night. Your "Apprenticeship" gave me 4 levels worth of buff and we were mowing those mobs like a lawn service.

I'm really enjoying this game alot if only they would fix some of the UI buggers.

Hell we even got some random PK's for poor souls that happened to walk by.

That was the first time I got to use my ranger in a group and it was fun.

Hunter + Stealth + Nuts as Bait = Priceless

Speaking of apprentice, I'd like to have some of you higher level guys app us lowbies so we can rank a bit fast and get through these quests. I know we have some 40's out there. Please offer to apprentice which will result in faster ranker and get us our keep that much quicker.

(as a 31, I grouped with a 24, apprenticed him up to a 30) and then we walked around in tough areas. As he was a ranger, he stayed out of harms way and helped kill the mob with arrows. He got a crap load of XP and leveled up in about 20 minutes. For me? I got help in killing large mobs and completed a tough quest. Win/Win)
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 06-05-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Ya I app. Swae a while back wasnt sure how it was suppose to work or how it did work but if its a benefit to the lil guys ill be glad to help from time to time.

so Logan and I were grinding away and I thought I'd help him by using apprentice (me=35, him 20?). Unfortunately we were in a 20 area finishing up some minor quests so instead of allowing him to get a bunch of XP, he only got 1xp for each kill. I guess apprntc is good to allow a lowbie fighter at a higher level but not so great for gaining XP on lower level quests (though sometimes quests give more xp than kills).

So... if the goal is to help a lowbie finish a quest, apprentice him and just crank through it. But if the goal is to help him/her advance, just help him by killing and tanking.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    If the mobs are grey to you and you apprentice him I would assume he would get the 1 xp for killing a grey mob, but if you guys moved on to mobs more your lvl I would assume he would get better xp.

These are just guesses tho since I havnt personally tested it.

yep, you got it. I was hoping that I could help an apprentice in his/her quest by leveling him/her up but that usually results in a major loss of possible xp. Better to just help by tanking