Thread: Turning down the settings for playability

Turning down the settings for playability

OK

I installed and managed to get one of my gals to level 6 BUT if I am ever going to play this game seriously I need to get my frame rates up. Right now it's choppy as heck.

SO who has time for a little graphics tutorial? I just put my normal IT guy on a plane to Central America. (Well sorta, the plane was cancelled but I have no doubt he'll end up in Central America sometime today.)

Maybe sometime this week someone could help me tone things down until I can actually run it smoothly.

My computer and video card are better than the minimum and about what is reccomended. (give or take) So I have the processing power it's still just SLOOWWWWWW!

I had to turn everything down on my old computer. Shader Model 2.0, all my view distance, water reflection, quality, everything. If it's got a slider, drag it to the left. FunCom has a lot of optimization problems and even computers that beat the preferred settings are reporting problems.

Even my PC is a bit choppy in town. I disabled Shadows and it seems to have helped a bit without cutting out all the graphics which to me is the best part of the game.

It reminds me of Ironforge when WOW was released. My FR get just fine 100 yards out of town.

Find me on Vent Beaker and I'll help ya out as best I can.

Besides I'm getting lonely in there =(

also, add her to the guild.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I tried on two different occasions to add Gunny's alt to the guild. The option is greyed out even though I have sufficient rank. Can't figure it out.

Been away for several days but will build my new system tonight IMMEDIATELY and hope to be on by the end of tonight (or tomorrow at the latest, realistically.)

Speaking of which, NUTS hows thats PC running? Tell me how nice and fast it is so I can have a reason to go buy one too....Pleaseeeeee

In open spaces, I run close to 80fps with all settings maxed. In city, close to 40fps.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Ill be back soon, reestablishing my customer base has been a bit more taxing than I imagined after taking 4 years off from freight brokering.

Soon as things get running smoothly at work and I'm not doing research from home ill be able to get back in game and play with folks.

Oh and Pharm This link helped me out a bunch.

Thanks for the FPS info. Im kinda out of commision atm. But this will help once I am back.