Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omg Omg Omg

Omg Omg Omg

I haven't been this excited for a new game in a VERY long time.
    Diablo III looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    As posted over at MWCGamers.com

Two decades have passed since the demonic denizens, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, wandered the world of Sanctuary in a vicious rampage to shackle humanity into unholy slavery. Yet for those who battled the Prime Evils directly, the memory fades slowly and the wounds of the soul still burn.

When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells – and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself.

Explore a fully-realized Sanctuary – the living, breathing gothic fantasy world of Diablo III rendered in gorgeous 3D.

Battle the unholy forces of the Burning Hells with all-new character classes like the otherworldly Witch Doctor, or with re-imagined warriors from Diablo’s past: such as the fierce Barbarian.

Rain Hell on your enemies wielding the interactive environment as a weapon: lay cunning traps, turn destructible objects against your foes, and use environmental obstacles to your advantage - all powered by the Havoc physics system.

Experience the intensity of multiplayer Diablo III over an all-new, wickedly-enhanced Battle.net platform with numerous enhancements to make connecting with your friends easier – and cooperative gameplay more fun.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    I'm in on this one. Way in.

I love how they kept a lot of the same familiar sounds in the game.

Witch doctors can cast a Wall of Zombies. How cool is that?
    Last edited by [AK]Bribo; 06-28-2008 at 05:53 AM.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Looks awesome. Zombie hack 'n' slash--how cool is that? Any word on a release date? I'll likely pick this up--the first two games still hold up to today's standards.

No less than 3 years, I bet.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

"Blizzard Entertainment is developing Diablo III for simultaneous release on the Windows® and Macintosh® PC platforms. "

w00t!
    [AK]Bribo

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Blizzard rules.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly View Post
    Blizzard rules.
    Indeed they do. Where does the line form to just hand Blizzard my paycheck?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    No less than 3 years, I bet.
    Rumor is Christmas 2009.
    [AK]Bribo

This is one of the games that I am actually looking forward to playing. I was a huge fan of D2 and D1, I really hope this plays as well as it looks from the video!

We may have to all get on the same "server" and play this together. Gotta play it with the ladder/hardcore way. Pending on the system of D3.

By far my favorite blizzard game series!!

I can't wait to see the other classes and abilities and the wall of zombies was just sick!

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo View Post
    Rumor is Christmas 2009.
    That ain't not bad! With the screen shots, I didn't realize it had just started development.

Rumor is often incorrect.

WotLK was supposed to be out in March/April, yes?
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    WotLK was supposed to be out in March/April, yes?
    I never heard that.

I did, but that wasn't too long after the announcement of it.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Some Diablo 3 Q&A from the latest Blizzard conference:

Audience Q&A:

Q: Do you plan to keep the 4/5 man typical group size or will you design for much larger groups?
    A: Group size isn't a technical restriction, but a gameplay one. Smaller groups are better due to the camera restriction. We haven't really decided but we'll focus on whatever gives the best experience, that'll be 4 or maybe 5 person parties.

Q: Will you increase inventory size?
    A: We haven't decided. We're improving the inventory system and it'll be easier to trade items between your characters or other players. We'll pick a size appropriate to gameplay.

Q: There are a lot of WoW players and Diablo II players, which audience are you aiming at?
    A: We haven't a particular aim. We're making the game for people who love Diablo, and there's plenty of room for both WoW and Diablo, we've no intention to play one game against the other.

"We have no plans to carry classes over. It's a fresh start, we haven't finalized the final classes or how many there will be."

Q: Will the seven classes from Diablo II be kept as well as the new classes you're introducing?
    A: We have no plans to carry classes over. It's a fresh start, we haven't finalized the final classes or how many there will be. We're not trying to bring back Diablo II classes.

Q: Will there be different systems like mana, energy and rage for each class?
    A: We're exploring these systems, we have no specific plans.

Q: Will there be hardcore mode in Diablo III?
    A: I don't see why we wouldn't. That decision is made towards the end of development, we might not, but we probably will.

Q: With the loot system in Diablo II, the player with the fastest connection often got the loot. Will this change?
    A: We're changing the drop system. Monsters will drop multiple items, each player will see loot generated for them.

Q: Will you be able to respec your player's skills?
    A: We're not talking about it but I think it's a bad idea not to. I can't give you any specifics.

Q: Is the witch doctor a spiritual successor to the necromancer?
    A: It's not really a replacement. It's a really cool class that we liked the sound of. The witch doctor doesn't prohibit us deciding to put a necromancer class in too.
    "The witch doctor doesn't prohibit us deciding to put a necromancer class in too."

Q: How does the gear system differ from Diablo II?
    A: There are new features for items planned. The core system isn't drastically changed. The loot structure is already good, we've maintained and improved on that.

Q: Will there still be the ability to cheat over Battle.net?
    A: I can't give you specifics, there's a new version of Battle.net with a huge focus on cheats and anti-hack. We really want to make sure it works as cheating hurts the community.

Q: Will there be secret areas and hidden levels?
    A: That's a secret.

Q: Will single-player and co-operative play be balanced? Do you have to group to get the best items?
    A: The game experience is different in co-op but items will be available in both modes, there won't be anything available in co-op you can't get in single player.

Q: You announced LoD in 2001, why is the sequel so late?
    A: It's a development issue. We wanted to make a game worthy of being a Blizzard game, so it took this long to make it that good.

Q: Will male and female characters have different attributes?
    A: There will be no differences beyond physical appearance. We don't want to get into that area.

Q: Will system requirements be high or will a WoW-capable PC run it? Will you need DirectX 10?
    A: It's not settled but Blizzard's goal is to support a broad set of systems. We'll have as low system requirements as we can. We don't plan to use DirectX 10 at the moment.

Q: Will there be a map editor?
    A: We haven't nailed specifics but the Diablo series isn't very friendly to mods, mostly due to the random nature of the game. It's not a big focus of ours. But we haven't decided.

Q: In Diablo II there was a rune system, will you keep that?
    A: No comment at this time.
    [AK]Bribo