Thread: Olympic Closing Ceremony

Olympic Closing Ceremony

Did any of you see the train wreck presented by London at the closing ceremonies? Jimmy Page was lit, the performers were ridiculous and the whole thing paled in comparison to what the Chinese and their estimated $40,000,000,000 brought us. A bus? A bus?

And don't even tell me you weren't screaming, "Don't put your hands in your pockets!" to the mayor of London? He's up on stage, his jacket unbuttoned and he goes to put his hands into his jacket! As he's walking of stage he actually does. What a maroon! He looked like a chump next to the IOC President and the "Mayor" of Beijing.

I feel bad for London... they can't outspend the Chinese and the show - no matter what they do - will just look weak.

Need to find out how much China spent paying all those judges as well, to add to their total.

Too bad they still failed at "winning" the Olympics.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

I'm not sure it's exactly fair to compare one Olympic ceromony to another. I mean London isn't China and the flare should be different. You would expect a totalitarian regime to tightly coordinate a ceromony, and to be able to throw as many resources as they decide into the ceremony. In a democracy you have competing interests and more limited resources, you also get more chaos. For instance China had parks set aside for protesters who were then denied permits to protest. I bet London will have actual protesters. London's ceromonies will be consistent with the amount of resources and freedom they decide to put into it.

It's like comparing two wedding receptions, they are all so different a BBQ and a formal reception can both be great and endearing and memorable they don't compare with each other though.