Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throwing in the towel for now

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Throwing in the towel for now

Nutz you are the lead for AK in AOC. I am going to let my account expire at the end of this month. I will be monthly charge free again. COD4 and TF2 here I come. Maybe Spore has multi player?

I really wanted to get up to a high level, hoping that I would be fat, dumb and happy once I hit 80 (I always had level-envy of you WoW players). But now that I'm a 71, I'm just not seeing a lot of new stuff right now. Now, Funcom is issuing a ton of new content including a revamped PvP (pvp gear, levels, etc). So I'm playing a bit but the hopes of an AK party in AoC are as dead as: AK in BF2 and AK in Quake Wars. Looks like I keep picking the losers around here.

W:AR sounds okay but I don't care for the cartoony feel of that or WoW. Spore just looks a bit odd for me but maybe the kids would be able to at least sit on my lap while it's going.

I suppose we can keep our keep and everything... maybe the changes will attract more attention.

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    Sorry guys I wish I could have gotten into AOC, but just didnt happen. Nuts WAR was pretty fun with all the problems, not sure what is too cartoone for ya. I would look a little more at it, never know might be your cup of tea. Plus I will be there :P

AoC was too terribad after Tortage for me to really get into.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I still really enjoy the game but without an AK presence I'm cancelling my sub as well.

Bummer.

Sorry to hear it guys, Wish I could have joined you.

You can still play. I teamed up with 5 others tonight and we had a good time. It's a bit hard to find groups but it's fun once you get one going.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

As trite and overplayed as it sounds, WoW's doing pretty good these days. They've drastically increased the level up speed - so you can get in game with the rest of us a lot quicker. If you want in Nuts, let me know. I'd love to power level you up, and I bet beaker would too.
    [insert signature text here]

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar

Age of Conan servers merging, stock hits 2-year low

From Joystiq.com

An MMOG's health is indicated by its server numbers, which means Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures is currently ailing. Funcom's new Game Director for AoC, Craig Morrison, writes on the game's forums that server merging, in both Europe and North America, will soon occur.

At one point Funcom announced that AoC had 700,000 players, but that was when the game first shipped and players had a free trial month with the purchase. It's not just the players leaving -- Funcom investors also seem to be looking for the nearest exit. The company's stock is currently trading at $5, which is $20 down from when we checked in late July and $50 down from before AoC shipped.*

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

You know, AoC was an exersize in failure.

The project director failed to realize that only a small fraction of his needed customer base has and can afford the stiff hardware requirements of the game.

He failed to realize unfettered PvP based MMROG well... fails. The WoW model has PvP elements - a lot of it, but not EVERYONE you meet is potentially going to kill you and camp you. The annoyance factor from this is too great for the casual gamer.

The project director failed to realize the importance of customer support and a properly functioning game. When beaker was stuck on a quest for A WEEK without getting help, she said screw it and walked.

This crap ain't rocket science. For a multimillion dollar project that took 9 years to finish, some attention to these basics might have been a good idea.

In short...

[insert signature text here]

1/2 of the PVP overhaul is in place now (PVP Rankings/gear) next comes the consequence system (criminal/murderer).

New zones/dungeons are also on their way as well as the promised DX10 support.

+5 Clay

Nuts...... You can always join our growing number of Warhammer players

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Clay View Post
    As trite and overplayed as it sounds, WoW's doing pretty good these days. They've drastically increased the level up speed - so you can get in game with the rest of us a lot quicker. If you want in Nuts, let me know. I'd love to power level you up, and I bet beaker would too.
    I just leveled my druid from 0-64 in under 2 days played. If you refer-a-friend then its rediculously fast and the referer gets a cool zebra mount ! Now would be the time to get in ....

2 days! How many hours played in total????

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I've been going for 3 weeks or so, and I'm only 56. Admittedly, I've missed a few days and half-assed it on others, but 64 levels in 2 days?