Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer question

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar

Warhammer question

So I dinked around in game last night, being Rank 5 I wasnt too worried about getting into PVP already but I did get my first PVP quest so thought hells ya lets do it.

I havnt actually completed the quest yet but I noticed I get a butt load of XP for each scenario we PVP'd in.

Does this hold true throughout the game or just lower levels?

Its like a PVPers wet dream. I dont have to Q up anywhere, just through my UI and go quest, the Q pops and and go PVP, the games over and I get ported right back to where I was when I took it.

Ive gotten 2000-3000xp per PVP senario which is like completing two average quest. Does the XP scale as you rank up? I noticed some of the rank 10 guys in there were getting like 5000XP each.

Answered all my own questions this weekend. Nothing like grinding from Rank 5 to Rank 11 through PVP

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    IT is the best! I love this game and it only gets better man trust me. Tier 3 have about 6 BG's to choose from. Now remeber XP is good Renown is Better! Oh at 25 I get about 15000 xp for a win!

Yeah, my renown rank is just a half a level behind my actual rank. The renown gear is a nice bonus, kinda like WOW honor rewards, except you get a new set at each tier while levling.

I love the Shaman class, altho I am thinking about rolling a DPS class soon since it seems healers in WAR actually like to heal in PVP.

I am also really digging this game as well from a PVP stand point. I see lower ranked players competing well against high ranked characters, all the classes seem fairly balanced, or as balanced as you can get for a MMO. The non PVP part of the game seems decent but I have never been one for lore and what not so I wouldnt dare compare.

PVE imo gets bad at least from what I see but I have not done any dugeons which seem pretty kool, but its not like wow. I havent seen LFG once but I have done and seen lets go take that keep which was the coolest thing I have ever done in a mmo.

lol ya that was one of my favorite things about DAOC was fighting for keeps.

Mass PVP + Siege Weapons = Teh Win!

Cant waite to get into big boy land and try it out in this game. Shouldnt take to long 4 PVP scenarios coupled with some questing while waiting in Q (since i can join while out questing and get ported back to were i left off after leaving the PVP battle grounds) took me from Rank 11.5to Rank 12.25 last night.

Maybe its just me but lvling starts to take a long time, of course im doing pve pvp mix and not grinding like for 4-5 hours. Taking my time, and enjoying every minute!

leveling definetly takes alot longer than it did in WOW but when you can start PVPing right out of the gate there is no rush as far as I am concerned.

But I was getting 6-8k XP per scenario last night I assume because I was rank11 which is the highest for the brackets.

Waiting to see tonight if the xp drops in the next bracket since I am going in as the low man again

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

So, what server are you folks on? I am lvl 5 on eriee dawn... Where does it make sense to go?

I am playing Destruction on the Hochland server. lvl 12 Shaman and my brother is a lvl 16 sorc and his buddy is a lvl 20 somthing Chosen.

No Q's getting in and fairly quick getting into scenarios.

Camel and co and playing Order on another server, dont know if there Qs are still bad or not but i wanted to be a bad guy for a change.

Order on the badlands no q anymore and I found a soild guild to hang with......Winning BG's=teh win!

August Knights

So everyone is all over the place and has there reason to stay put. Understood I will make a character everywhere.

Once I am able to play more than 2 or 3 times a week I will probably end up making a toon over on Camels server as well. So no worries on the server choice. =)

August Knights

Camel. Badlands and what side"?

Order and I have an archmane named timber!