Thread: The Manifesto!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

EPA: All for it, as long as it is realized that there is a tradeoff involved. We should never shutter our plants if it cripples our economy vs. any of the third-world, pollute all you want nightmares like China.

Additional drilling for oil: Drill, but work to get alternative energy sources up and running as soon as possible. I too would like to see OPEC and all the other cavemen sitting on oil-based economies implode.

Subsidies: Needed occasionally. Like now -- I'd like to see more subsidies for large alternative energy and nuclear projects. I think they have a good chance of getting off the ground, but without guaranteed returns, few will take the risk.

High incarceration rate: Minimize it by maximizing the death penalty.

War on Drugs: A waste of my tax dollars and yours. Legalize and tax the hell out of most of it; flag users in a database and find them productive jobs as litter collectors and other endeavors far from responsibility.

Tax the rich – feed the poor:
    I'm for tax the rich and WORK the poor. If I'm going to pay taxes to give money to some indolent schmuck, I want them working his or her ass off at a hot and uncomfortable job for that money, so that ANYTHING is better than welfare. Want food stamps? That'll be 5 hours of litter pickup.

Taxes: Our current progressive tax system is silly. My wife and I are in the 25 percent bracket. I'd be more in favor of a flat 10 percent income tax with no loopholes. Make EVERYONE feel it anytime taxes go up to fund some liberal nonsense, including the intended beneficiaries.

Gun control: Background checks only. Use the existing laws. Any attempt to license these will create a federal database, which can be abused by an administration like Nobama's.

War in Iraq: It's just cleanup now. Odd how the media rarely trumpets that, like they did EVERY single death. Get our troops home as soon as possible and take the pressure off them for a while. Afghanistan could take a while.

Vote: Take a page from Heinlein and enact a mandatory term of government service before anyone can vote. No requirement to do the service; no way to vote without it. No one on the welfare dole should be able to vote until they are off it for a year. Realistically, I am in favor of keeping the electoral college. It's all that's keeping the urban liberal hordes from controlling the country completely. Without it, rural states don't stand a chance at having their voices heard and lifestyles preserved. All policy would come from New York and Los Angeles, and not from the good parts of the cities.

Illegal immigration:
    Hardline, just like they are doing now. Target employers and employees; prosecute to the full extent of the law -- because it IS the law. Confused as to what part of "illegal" so many find hard to understand. Latest tactic is to charge workers using stolen Social Security numbers with federal level identity theft -- I LIKE IT.

Pie:
    Like it, don't want the slice I earned cut up and redistributed to anyone else.
    Last edited by [AK]Abaddon; 10-30-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    [AK]Abaddon