Thread: Predictions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Montana has gone to the wolves already.

Democrat Gov., both Senators are Democrats. In fact, two years ago the sheeple elected the second Senator over a senior member in Congress. Subsequently the air force wing in Great Falls (my home town) has lost their ICMB mission, effectively closing the base within the next 5 years.
    Morons....
    "]

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Some of my best friends are Democrats. Most of the guys I go hiking and backpacking with are all liberals. Needless to say it makes for some interesting discussions around the campfire.

The bottom line is that we can have different opinions and be passionate about them without taking things personally. At the end of the say we are all still friends.

That's the way I feel about all you AK members and this political forum. We may have some heated debates in here and at times it can get ugly but when the dust settles we are all still AK and brother Knights.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

My prediction:

Upset for the Democrats, Mass rioting in Los Angeles.

Electoral:
    Obama: 260
    McCain: 278

Popular Vote:
    Obama: 51%
    McCain: 48%

Thats my *optimistic* outlook with McCain stealing away PA and winning most all of the Battleground states...

Another possible outcome is an Electoral tie, which would be very interesting.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Good points on the Republican bashing. I couldn't agree more. Though I'm not sure I agree that the Republicans caused Hurricane Katrina. The Republicans seroiusly screwed up their day in the sun - anyone who denies that is deluding themselves.

For the most part, I find Obama and McCain to be remarkebly similar - with only a few minor differences. Amongst those - McCain is not seeking to make me a felon for a owning few steel pipes with springs in my basement. McCain didn't consider a white hating racist his spiritial leader and the most influential person in his life. And McCain didn't seek input from US hating Terrorists during his formative years. Closer to the wallet, I expect Obama's fiscal policies to be a dissaster - he seeks to tax his way to greatness. I see a lot of Jimmy Carter in this one. So yes, the Bush years were a dissaster. No matter what happens today, the Bush years are over. A new party has both houses, and the next president is NOT going to be George Bush.

As to political differences - we're an adult video gaming community populated by intelligent respectful adults who think. Nobody is going to be excommunicated for respectfully holding differences in political opinions. Folks will certainly challenge what you say when they differ in opinions. And I think that's a good thing. Facts and data should always trump BS and rhetoric.
    [insert signature text here]

You can be excommunicated for trying to help out with encounters that the group hasn't dealt with that you have while playing on another server.

I mean...
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    You can be excommunicated for trying to help out with encounters that the group hasn't dealt with that you have while playing on another server.
    I thought that it was for being an asshat?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Thats possible too.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

I voted this morning. Lines were not long at all at our polling location, but coworkers had different experiences (up to 1 hour lines). I predict that Obama will win, but I don't think it will be a landslide. I think more McCain supporters will come out and vote than the polls are accounting for.

I plan on cracking a bottle of Maker's Mark tonight and watching the returns (although Kidd and I will likely fight over which network to watch). It's been an interesting campaign and I've enjoyed disagreeing with all of you in our political discussions.