Thread: Yet another retailer for 2nd Amendment advocates to avoid

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Yet another retailer for 2nd Amendment advocates to avoid

I went to Academy Sports yesterday to purchase ammunition ... they had no AR-15 rifles in stock and I commented that they were selling quickly everywhere (Sales of them are up more than 50 percent since the election).

The clerk told me that Academy will no longer stock AR-15 rifles, because the media recently ran stories about the illegal cross-border gun trade with Mexico, and highlighted Academy as one of the sources of the rifles confiscated recently.

The person who committed the crime was not Academy, but the individuals who bought the firearms, passed a background check, and then illegally resold them to drug runners ... but instead of fighting against an unfair attack by the media, Academy caves.

Make note of that, and give your business to stores who do not cave to political and media pressure.
    [AK]Abaddon

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Beware the statements from a gun counter clerk at a discount retailer. Sometime's they are well informed - as often as not they make statements out of their A**. If they want to claim they are doing this For the Children, that's their spin doctoring to do. The reality is they sold out so fast it would make your head spin, and everyone is having a very difficult time finding any to restock with.

My brother picked up his M4 carbine, his Sig 556, and his 1911 .45 all at Academy, and at great prices.
    [insert signature text here]

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Yeah, but the the slew of "special series" cross-border gun-trafficking stories just ran across Texas this past week.
    [AK]Abaddon