Thread: San Fran Nan's Crazy Tax

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

San Fran Nan's Crazy Tax

Considering all the corruption and lunacy that we are seeing on a daily basis from the inmates currently running the asylum, it is difficult to focus on any one issue, but Pelosi's 90% tax on bonuses received by employees of companies that have received TARP money must be one of the most disturbing developments (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../03/023129.php). The Demoncrats engineered this bogus AIG bonus controversy in order to further deteriorate the American sheeple's view of free market capitalism. This is just the latest move in the Left's determined efforts to replace the economic system that has enabled America to become the most powerful and prosperous nation in the history of the world with Marxism-Leninism--an ideology that has failed repeatedly and catastrophically, resulting in untold and incomprehensible human misery and death. Leftists never learn; they will hold fast to their delusions and continue to deny reality until it is they who are stripped of liberty, languishing in food lines, ill-equipped and understaffed hospitals (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-hospital.html), and, perhaps, forced labor camps. Pelosi's absurd tax--the punchline of this entire AIG bonus joke--is an assault on the Constitution and the people.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    The 90% tax will never stand up. It's unconstitutional. See Article 1, Sec 9.

In the simplest terms, that article prohibits legislation punishing or
    penalizing a specific person or group without trial. In the Federalist
    Papers #44, James Madison wrote in 1788, "Bills of attainder,
    ex-post-facto laws, and laws impairing the obligation of contracts,
    are contrary to the first principles of the social compact, and to
    every principle of sound legislation."

Congress. Epic fail.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

More Crazy Fail? Try Obama on 60 Minutes

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I just want to say that— the only thing less popular than putting money into banks is putting money (LAUGHS) into the auto industry. So—

STEVE KROFT: 18 percent are in favor.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: (LAUGHS) That’s—

STEVE KROFT: Seventy-six percent against.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: It— it— it’s not a high number.

STEVE KROFT: You’re sitting here. And you’re— you are laughing. You are laughing about some of these problems. Are people going to look at this and say, "I mean, he’s sitting there just making jokes about (LAUGHTER) money—” How do you deal with— I mean, wh— explain -

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well—

STEVE KROFT: —the mood and your laughter.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Yeah, I mean, there’s got to be—

STEVE KROFT: Are you punch drunk?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, no. There’s gotta be a little gallows humor to (LAUGHS) get you through the day. You know, sometimes my team— talks about the fact that if— if you had said to us a year ago that— the least of my problems would be Iraq, which is still a pretty serious problem— I don’t think anybody would have believed it. But— but we’ve got a lot on our plate. And— a lot of difficult decisions that we’re going to have to make.

Starts at around 3minutes
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 03-22-2009 at 07:41 PM.