Thread: Wolverine

Wolverine

I'm in the 3rd chapter of this new Raven/Activision released based on the Origins movie. Using the Unreal engine, Wolverine is actually a pretty decent game. The violence exceeds my expectations. Usually comic book video games are aimed at a young audience with bad guys simply falling over after being hit. In this game, arms, legs and heads go flying with every flash of Wolverine's claws. Plunging them into chests, through skulls and slicing people in half is just beautiful.

Game play is controlled by Mouse 1 and Mouse 2 with an occasional Shift+ for special moves. Lunging across the playfield to pounce on baddies is awesome and keeps the pace at a high level.

One nice thing is the regeneration. When Logan gets hit you see it. Chunks of flesh and muscle go flying off allowing you to see his adamantium skeleton. And after time those parts regenerate.

The actors from the movie provide all of the voice work and did a good job.

No sure about replay-ability but so far, so good.

My only complaint is that the cut-scenes flow too perfecly in and out of gameplay so sometimes you are hitting buttons during cut-scenes not aware that it's not you controlling the game.

1st 6 minutes of gameplay

(Jumping across to a chopper, smashing through the cockpit glass, yanking the pilot out and holding his head into the spinng blades is awesome)
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 05-23-2009 at 12:48 PM.