Thread: Mia

Mia

I know that you guys were completely depending upon me last night, and I wanted to be there very badly, but yesterday my father was in a serious construction accident with life threatening injuries around 10 in the morning. He was crushed by heavy machinery that toppled over pinning him and one of my father's employees. His employee lost his leg, and my father is still in very serious condition. After surgery that lasted from around noon till midnight yesterday, the doctors told us that he was in semi stable condition. Sorry I didn't make it to the boards to report this, but when I first heard the news there was absolutely no other thought in my mind than getting to my father and I left here from work immediately. I'll also be missing tonights practice as well to be with my father, and I'll keep everyone posted.
    Is That A Threat!

Man, JB, I hope everything comes out OK. RL tragedies are certainly more important than any silly game, so I think I speak for all the Knights when I say that we understand completely. Take the time you need for things to return to normal. We'll light a candle and say a prayer for you and your father. Best wishes.
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    We completely understand, JB. Go take care of your, Dad. We're all praying for him and you.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Sorry to hear this, JB. Thanks for checking in, though.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

August Knights

Wow, that's some serious stuff. Thanks for letting us know.

You didn't miss anything last night anyway, as you may have figured out from other posts on the forum.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

Well, I've just spoken to my mother again, and she says that he will need one more small surgery to stop some internal bleeding, but he really pulled through last night and he seems to be doing better. He's come out of his comma, but isn't very coherent at the moment, so this will probably be my last post till at least tommorrow possibly thurs. I'm trying to finish some vital things up here at work and I'm off to the hospital again. I'd reply to some of the other posts, but I don't really have enough time. Thanks for your support, and I'll try my best to not leave you hanging.
    Is That A Threat!

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Silly trifles like computer games pale in comparison to what you must be going through right now, JB. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. All the best.

Alright, well I'm back in Columbus now. My father is doing much better, and thanks for the understanding and support. He still is being monitered because one of his kidneys really suffered some damage, and they've been deciding on whether or not to just remove it. Other than his internal injuries and several broken ribs, he really has no other problems. He's a very strong man, and I know that what happened to him, a normal person could never have survived. Anyways, I'll probably be a little late on some Sundays since I'll probably be going back home on the weekends to help my father out around the house and with his company. Everything should be fine again though.
    Is That A Threat!

Cool

In the words of T2 "Woohoo"
    Glad your father is recovering. Hope that he continues mending well.
    Thoughts and prayers
    Baddy

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Yeah, great news.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.