Thread: Prototype & TransFormers2

Prototype & TransFormers2

Prototype is a rather interesting game. It's a bit frenzied some times and hard to see what your character is doing while simultaneously fighting civilians, infected, monsters, and soldiers (tanks, APC's, choppers, guys with guns and AT).

The ability to pick up and use guns, hijack APCs, run up walls, morph into different people, etc makes it rather fun.

Transformers 2 on the other hand sucked. The keyboard/mouse controls are the worse. Most actions are Mouse 2 (which for me is a wheel button) and the combos call for using L-Shift and L-Ctrl at the same time which is near impossible while using WASD to move around.
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 07-09-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Cool! I've been looking at picking up Prototype recently. I wasn't too interested in Transformers--most movie tie-in games suck, in my experience.

Fax and I have picked up Blood Bowl this week--football strategy game (your choice of real-time/turn-based) in the Warhammer fantasy universe. Cool game (I LOVED the original back in the good ol' DOS days), but has some SEVERE issues with multiplayer. There are already three patches out and there was a very healthy community playing last night, so I'm hopeful they'll get it all fixed.

Ya... Nuts Jr is getting interested in Transformers. Wanted to find a video game for him to play with me. Big strikeout.

For Nuts Jr. buy a Wii my good man and play the Lucas Arts games like Star Wars and Indiana Jones. The Lego versions! Tons of father son time there.I'll even loan you the Star Wars one if you want.

Also I think Gunny was looking for family friendly games not long ago maybe he has some ideas.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I got Prototype for the PS3. I've had a lot of fun with it so far. The protagonist must be the most powerful video game character ever.

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Prototype is in the mail,, SHould be here monday. Amazon had it at 50% off yesterday.

Prototype is actually pretty good.

Some reviews comment that the game-play becomes repetitious but I just finished up a level in which I had to protect a tank traveling through infect territory. There I am, with my special 'Infection Vision' turned on and my 'whip arm' slicing and dicing the bad guys as I ride on top of the tank. Pretty fun.

And ya, I'd agree... visually, he's the most powerful video game character ever.