I have Aion pre-purchased. After playing the BETA last week I was not exactly blown away but I was very impressed. Impressed enough to invest the $50 to buy it. The developers have spent a lot of time polishing this game, and it really shows in all the mechanics of play. The one thing I'm still trying to get a real grasp on is the PvPvE element they are working in. I wasn't able to play enough to see it first hand so I can't comment on that at all yet.

The use of the Crytek engine was a great choice. The game looks simply fantastic. I played on both my Macbook(Windows XP Boot Camp) with 1440x1050 Medium graphic settings and on my hulking home PC 1920x1200 with High graphic settings. Depending on your setup you can scale the graphics to match pretty much and gaming rig you have at home that is based on hardware within the last 4 years or so. Remember Crytek engine = GOOOOD.

Aion borrows some configuration elements of the Lineage series and Guild Wars, but it also has it's own style that sets it apart. It has the most comfortable interface I've seen since WoW. The pricing plan is also something different that depending on how often you play will either work well within your budget or you'll need to pay a little bit more. Normal/Casual players will be able to play within the $15.00 plan just fine. Crazy die hard 8hr a day players will want to look at the discounted extended 40$ plan.

Right now if you go over to MMORPG.com they are giving away beta keys for this weekends closed beta event. if you want to give it a whirl, I suggest you head over right away. I also have a extra key, so if you come up short, let me know and I'll hook you up with my key.