Thread: Aion anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Swae View Post
    Ok, I started my download yesterday around 6:00 pm. I just got home, and it's 47% through and says it has another 20 hours to go. For real?
    I downloaded the update from fileplanet. It was updated in like 1hr.

As of this morning it had 6 hours left. I'm not sure where I even started the download from, but obviously I chose poorly.

I am looking forward to having a whole week in beta, though, assuming my download ever finishes!

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Not sure how this should act, but I receive an error message saying its not available in your country. Also the key from amazon states its already in use. May be yet another rocky start to a large scale MMO. Sigh... We have all seen this movie before.. How are others making out? Hopefully Swae's download will be done by sept 22...

That's strange Rocks, I wonder if you somehow got the European version rather than US?

When I was home for lunch today, my download had 2 hours left - fingers crossed that it's done when I get home tonight!

August Knights

I will trying installing the Amazon version since the Fileplanet one seems to point me to the UK verses the US. 20k per sec, it should be done in a week or two... Tho I still dont have a valid key for the account. I have ticket into amazon and NCsoft... good test I guess.

August Knights

So, Amazon sent me a new key and I have down loaded the AION client now via the NClauncher. Should be good to go. Still getting an error on launch saying "Program not available in your country" but I am told that this will go away when the US servers are up. So I am good to go once I return from the labor day hiking trip. (monday night)
    Last edited by [AK]Rocks; 09-04-2009 at 03:30 AM.

I've prepurchased this one and have just finished downloading the open beta client, and I have to say, the install process left much to be desired. The launcher gave me endless problems which I had to reinstall twice, and after it semi-worked, I had to reboot my machine every time something changed with it. I've spent a couple hours looking thru the aion forums and it's really tried my patience.

Even with all that work, it will be a miracle if this works Sunday when the open beta testing starts. At least I haven't yet thrown my headset to the floor. Note to others - if you're ever getting off an airplane and see a headset just sitting there, take em - this one has held up well over all the times I've thrown it around in frustration! Easy on the ears, too.
    Arcane Fire Ice