Thread: Movies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Movies

Some good looking movies coming down the pipe:

LEGION:
    Angels vs. Humans in this battle royal featuring guns and wings.

Ong Bak 2
    If you didn't catch the bootleg version of this Tony Jaa movie you are really in store for something special. Tony's Mui Tai and mixed martial arts are bar none the best in the world. Amazing fight choreography and pretty good story make for a kick-ass guy flick.

Tron Legacy:
    Wow... just Wow. Looks good. Better not screw the pooch.

Ninja Assasin:
    South Korean pop-star turned movie-star, RAIN looks promising in this Ninja kill-fest.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar

Illusive Late Poster Bassiswild's Avatar
    A really good movie to go and see is Paranormal Activity abd bring a date with you when you go. You will have to pry her off of your arm afterwords..

The sound is all about the wood and the pickups. Bartolini all the time...

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

I know Abaddon is a big fan of the Chronicles of the Lensmen Series.

In 2008, Ron Howard's Imagine Entertainment and Universal Pictures began negotiations with the author's estate for rights to film the Lensman series. The negotiations are for an 18-month renewable option.[4] At the WonderCon convention in San Francisco in February 2008, J. Michael Straczynski, the creator of Babylon 5, confirmed that Howard had acquired the rights and also hinted that he was involved in the project as well.[5] On June 17, 2008, Straczynski wrote that he had begun work on the project.[6]
    Classic old-school SciFi. Back when the first response to being fired upon wasn't "open hailing frequencies".

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I can't believe no one has mentioned "Antichrist." Here's what Todd McCarthy of Variety had to say about it: "Lars von Trier cuts a big fat art-film fart with 'Antichrist.'" It even has the feminists falling all over themselves in adoration; writing for the LA Times, Betsy Sharkey states, "Female sexuality has evolved into pure evil here with Von Trier looking ever so much like the Marquis de Sade of filmmaking." Finally, Claudia Puig of USA Today has this to say: "'Antichrist' is probably the most disturbing, bleak and self-indulgent film ever made." With praise like this, how can it be missed?

Ok, I'm at work so I can't see what stitch linked so it may have been this, but I can't believe no one has mentioned Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day is coming out tomorrow, and it kills me that its not a nationwide release, thus isn't playing in east TN where I live. Oh the downside to living in the sticks...
    Pallies aren't OP - everyone else just sucks.