Thread: hey beast!

ColorExclamation hey beast!

saw the ben folds "rockin' the suburbs" video on windowsmedia.com and loved it. i also listened to "air" off the godzilla soundtrack and loved that as well. got any other song or artist reccomendations?

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Another one of Fax's and my favorite bands is Cake. You've probably heard them around on the radio (The Distance, Never There, Short Skirt/Long Jacket). Those are all good songs but they have much more variety in their songs than those three singles indicate. Look up some of their stuff, it won't disappoint. Well, except for their new album (Comfort Eagle), maybe, at just over 35 minutes in length it's hard to justify shelling out $18 for it. Their first album (Motorcade of Generosity) is somewhat rare and might require some stalking to find it, but it is well worth it.

BTW Fax--my tickets for the 11/17 show came in the mail this weekend. Wanted to make sure you got yours

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Cake's new disc is rather short but packed with goodness. I'm enjoying the mp3 "sample" version very much.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I saw Cake in concert in '95 at a club in Virgina Beach called "The Abyss". There were like 50 people total there, and, really, the only reason I was there was that I tended bar (and my then-girlfriend, now-wife was a lighting technician) there on weekends, and we were like, "Hey, free concert!" (Not to be confused with, "Hey, free dummy!") I think they were playing one of their singles on the local indy radio station there, so we were somewhat familiar with their work, but we were definitely impressed with the width of their talent and the diversity in the tracks they performed. Anyway, the funny thing was that when they'd get done with a song, there'd be like 10 people (of the 50 there) clapping and stuff. The lead singer guy (who, as I recall, looked/sounded a lot like Tom Greene) would be all, "Thanks...you guys are...great...no really!" ROFL! Rah and I discussed the fact that it was quite likely that he REALLY wanted to say, "Thanks...you guys...suck!" Oh well... That might have not actually been funny at all... I'm tired and I just got to work, so leave me a alone!
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    Faxgirl and I got our tix, and will be there. We'll have to come up with a gameplan for a Philly weekend trip...