Here's my reasoning for playing:

It's a fun MMO. Yes, it's a lot like WoW, and it's nothing so groundbreaking that it will blow your mind, but it's new and fresh, and the graphics are out of this world. It's a much smaller world and everything is on a smaller scale - 1 starting area per faction, everyone is basically following the exact same question path. There seems to be WAY less gear options at low levels (pretty much every chanter of my level that I see is wearing the exact same thing as me). But, it's still very, very fun. I've actually had a hard time pulling myself away to play WoW.

As to how long it will last - I think that all depends on what end-game has to bring. Being in a PvPvE type game is going to be very different I think. From what I gather, there is a much smaller focus on grinding PVE raids than in WoW, and frankly, I like that. It's getting harder and harder for me to enjoy spending 3-4 hours in the same dungeon week after week. Knowing that I will be able to log on, partake in some good ole Elyos butt-whooping, and maybe run a small dungeon appeals to me at this point.

I won't be around my computer for most of tomorrow night, so I'll make the same offer as Azmo - you are welcome to create a toon on my account give her a spin for the evening to see if it holds your interest at all.

Edit: Oh, and as far as AK presence, it's better than it has been for some prevoius games. Right now there is myself, Rocks, Gunny, Chooz, Grakan, Mikel, Azmo, Kat, Valsu, Slaughter, and a few more coming.