I hear alot of people complain about deaths...

To be honest, ive never really experienced it.

With the Templar I have died a hand full of times, but never just grinding on mobs and questing. If i get more than I can handle on me I just run away.

The only deaths I have really expierenced have been in groups or accidently attacking elits.

My Sorc, Chanter, Assasin are only lvl 10-13 and really havnt had death issue with them either.

The only advise I can offer is to make sure you upgrade your gear at least every 5 level intil 23-28 after that you may be able to slack off on your armor as long as you keep your weapons updated.

Dont attack multiple mobs unless you know you can handle it... if you get 2 or more on you run away.

I grind on mob -1 to +1 of my level, certain mobs are easier for me to kill depening on the toon im playing if i have to grind I do it on those mobs.

At lvl 27 I came across the first set of mobs I have had an issue with... not death but they do take thier toll and i experience a good amount of downtime. i just skipped those quest got a level and tried again... little bit better but im going to wait one more level.

As a melee upgrading my weapon make a huge differance... make sure its at least green and enchant it at least once. Dont forget to use mana stones in all your slots. +dmg or crit seem to be the best for leveling.