I'm of the same thought mode - I'd like to know what the iPhone app store has that is so much better and more abundant than the Android app store. Anything I can possibly think of, and MUCH more - is all there for free. I can't keep up with all the new applications being released on there. I haven't paid for a single app yet - although I may pay for premium Remember the milk so I have access to their app. I haven't decided on that yet.

Another app I haven't bought but tried a free usage of is "locate". Very cool app where you can set your profiles on the phone to switch depending on where you are at. IE - When you arrive at work, it can automatically switch you to 'silent' mode. If you arrive home, it can switch wallpaper, appearance, ringtones, etc. You can set a profile for anyplace you want and when the GPS detects you arrive there - it loads up that profile. Pretty darn cool.

Although I have no problem with the hardware keyboard, and I do still use it occasionally - I'm finding myself now using the touch keypad more and more as I've gotten comfortable with the suggest / spelling feature of words using the touch pad.

The best aspect for me, by far, is all the integration that is very well done with Google applicaitons. Gmail is about perfect, GPS-Maps/street view is superb, Voice is extremely cool, Reader works very well, and I'm finding listen is really cool for podcasting purposes - although I'm not a 'huge' podcast listener.

We had this discussion over at iRacing about our favorite phone apps just the last day or two.

Apps I use alot are:

Dolphin web browser (Has multi touch enabled)
Facebook
Swift (Twitter)
Newsrob (Google Reader)
Remember the Milk (Although I need to go premium, trial up)

Other apps I find very cool include:

eBuddy (IM client)
Handcent for chat
Evernote
Layar Browser
Listen (Google app for podcasts and such)
Tip Calc
USA Today
The Weather Channel
Barcode Scanner
Goggles (Google image searcher)
Flixter
NFL Super fan DirecTV app (not now of course)
Shazam
Last.fm