No, league racing does not affect any stats. However, I know iRacing is planning to add stat packages and more tools for league administrators.

I will probably start running a league in the future - no, not a 100% Watkins league. But I'm waiting for all the tools from iRacing and also the implementation of multiclass racing. I want to have a Grand-Am like series with Prototypes and 2 classes of GT out there. Or maybe the ALMS car if it comes out any time soon. Or maybe Prototype, ALMS, and Radical. Lots of possibilities.

I was 100% against league / private race implementations. But I think the $3 per race fee has done a good job of keeping things balanced so that not every yahoo is starting a private race outside the system non-stop. I like the 'official' racing series - I just haven't had time to practice, develop setups, and race lately. Not to mention I've been playing Battlefield non-stop for the last 2 weeks.

I'd really like to get into the COT and see if I could get a 'Pro' license - but my iRating would need ALOT of work. LOL