Thread: Sprint - finally stepping it up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Blue Cup! Yay!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about this phone, and may well get it in August! (Verizon won't sell a contract in my county, AT&T sucks, which leaves Sprint as my only option).

But none of the reviews for this phone are all that useful. They all talk about the amazing specifications, but none address things like actual usability. When the iPhone 3G came out, people made videos of dropping it in the parking lot, dropping it into their bowl of cerial with milk and then purposely fumbling so it'd have a little soak time, etc. With this phone, every review is white glove handling like it's the royal jewels.

I wish just one of the dozens of reviews of this phone would break out of the "hey look how big this screen is!" review and actually talk more about the phone as an everyday use item. I'm not as interested in how awesome the phone is out of the box, as I am how awesome I think it is 12 months into owning it. Is it going to be a water soaked cracked brick with a back pannel that keeps falling off?

how about:
    -Gee, this phone is really big, is it more prone to being dropped when I fish it out of my pocket or otherwise handle it?
    -Can I reach all the way accross the screen to one hand dial/navigate?
    -Boy that's a big screen, does it shatter more easily? Let's drop test it from various heights at various angles on different surfaces and see!
    -Will that screen crack if I have this in my pocket and bend over?
    -Yea! It now has a removable battery (which no one actually uses, but everyone's been whining about) and a removable memory card (Which you will have access regularly because it's 1/4 what an iPhone will be). How many times can I remove that back cover to swap out memory before it's seal is compromised or it stops reattaching as securily? Let's yank it off and put it back on 100 times and see!
    -Or how about - Since it has a removable back pannel, that's a lot of area that needs to be sealed against leaks - how water resistant is it? Let me drop it into some water and find out!

Instead, they talk about how cool it is as a wirefi router, which you will have to pay an extra $30/MONTH to use (which = $700 over the life of the 2 yr contract), and only really useful if you live in one of the few cities with 4G anyway.

Lets pull out the crystal ball and see what it says

-Gee, this phone is really big, is it more prone to being dropped when I fish it out of my pocket or otherwise handle it?

Not unless you have been eating buttered popcorn

-Can I reach all the way accross the screen to one hand dial/navigate?

If you are a extra from the Wizard of Oz....No; If you can palm a basketball...certainly

-Boy that's a big screen, does it shatter more easily? Let's drop test it from various heights at various angles on different surfaces and see!

Possibly?!?........Dont drop your phone.....LOL

-Will that screen crack if I have this in my pocket and bend over?

If you put a touchscreen phone in your back pocket....it is probably close to your brain and might (JK) If it breaks in you front pants pocket when you bend over...your only kidding yourself and need to up the waist size a few inches....we can tell you need to loose weight

-Yea! It now has a removable battery (which no one actually uses, but everyone's been whining about) and a removable memory card (Which you will have access regularly because it's 1/4 what an iPhone will be). How many times can I remove that back cover to swap out memory before it's seal is compromised or it stops reattaching as securily? Let's yank it off and put it back on 100 times and see!

I see the number 23

-Or how about - Since it has a removable back pannel, that's a lot of area that needs to be sealed against leaks - how water resistant is it? Let me drop it into some water and find out!

Thats why God made caulk!!!

Hope my insights into the misty world of cell phone reviews help out !!

LOL

Just think about what it's like to live with him Myd!

Just think.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar

It makes calls. Yay!