Thread: Map Rotation

Map Rotation

While there seems to be a split amongst SoftCore and HardCore gameplay, one thing that I think people liked was game type rotation. On the Noobie server they rotate not just maps from game type as well; from Rush to DeathMatch to Conquest.

Any one interested in rotating our game types?

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

I enjoyed hardcore, but to be honest I really like playing with you folks! Do whatever the group likes.

Also, I've been playing with scheduled 'yells'

So far Base Raping, Camping and Spawn Camping haven't been a problem. When we play DeathMatch most of us don't like Armor, so I added a warning for that.

Also, one of you played on a DM/HC server that prohibited fixed sniping. We can introduce that as well if you are interested.
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 04-25-2010 at 08:33 AM.

What is fixed sniping?

As far as game type goes, I'm not a huge fan of hardcore, but I will play it as a sniper and it's not too bad. I'm pretty indifferent to game type - I like rush, conquest, and death match all pretty equally.

Hardcore is not my first choice, but I don't mind mixing it up, its only fair to everyone to get a chance to play what style they enjoy most in the game.

I cant hit the ground falling down without cross-hairs or a red-dot.

In hardcore I tend to almost always play Medic with the M-60 and red-dot or sniper with the scope. Aside from that I tend to be a bullet sponge for stat padding.....lol

I am assuming fixed sniping is when a sniper camps out the entire round 2 bases back with a GOL and 12x scope just calling in mortar strikes......fairly hard to find in hardcore with no kill cam as long as you don't miss your shots.
    Last edited by [AK]Mydrial; 04-25-2010 at 10:44 AM.

LOL first you guys want to play HC all the time to make it "realistic" then you want to change sniping so that it's not, make up your minds. I would definitely like a change in game play to something that takes tactics and working together (objective based) rather than just straight run n gun. SQDM is fun but gets old too.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

We could do squad rush or squad conquest, they sound fun. I like the map rotation, and I dont care if its HC or not. I may still argue "realism", but I dont really play for it to be real. I just want to have fun.
    "Don't tell your problems to people: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them”

Lou Holtz

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I have no opinion currently on what we play. I'm having a blast with all of the different modes.