Thread: Insanity?

Insanity?

Has anyone ever done the Insanity workout series? I um, acquired it recently and decided to give it a go while I'm living in a hotel with no social life. I know it's WAY above my fitness level, but doesn't require any equipment, which makes it ideal for me and my studio apartment living.

Just curious if anyone has tried it, and if so, did it totally kick your ass? I did my fit test yesterday and started day 1 today, and boy am I out of shape. But, the workouts are very easy to pick up on (no complex moves) and the instructor is nice to look at. I think I'll see if I can stick with this.....although I'm already sore and I only made it through half of the first workout..lol!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I responded on Facebook, but I'll post here too...

I did the P90X series (a couple of times.) I was considering the Insanity tapes, but they lean a bit strongly towards cardio, and I want to keep hitting the weights as well.

Don't worry about not being able to get through the session at first. We couldn't make it through some of the P90X stuff at first either, but by the end we were doing the entire thing, keeping up and not pausing the DVD any longer.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

I would have preferred starting with the P90X, but I am not really in a position to have a lot of equipment handy. Plus I think focusing on cardio will be pretty beneficial for me - I need to get in shape before I start worrying about having a 6-pack.

I really, really enjoyed the first Insanity workout. Easy moves that aren't hard to pick up, and seeing some of the people on the video tucker out and need a break makes me not feel so bad. I'm hoping after a week or two I can actually finish each workout, but I'm willing to take it slow. It's hard as hell, but the instructor is very motivating and the count-down timer on the bottom is helpful...knowing you only have 30 seconds left of jumping jacks or whatever helps me push through.

I'll let you know how it goes!