Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Clay View Post
Back on the main PC, I use DoubleTwist for my Android phone, which reads off the iTunes central database. As much as I dislike iTunes, DoubleTwist blows. Don't sugar coat it. The Android App is pretty good, but the desktop interface is amateurish. Album art management is total fail. I had to use MediaGo to get my Album art worked out. DoubleTwist' concept is decent enough, and actions seem easy enough - it DOES most of what you need. But it takes hours to sync to the phone. It's absurd. Even little stuff like updating 1 song, which used to take 5 minutes on an iPhone can take 2 hours on DoubleTwist. It's not just me - do a Google on DoubleTwist Sync Slow and watch the negative feedback roll in. Usually with advise to dump DoubleTwist and use something else. And God forbid it starts linking to folders you don't want it to, because you can never delete a folder off the list once it does - they even say this in their help forums. It's got about 15 folders in my J: drive it's linked to. I don't even have a J: drive, unless i plug in an extra thumb drive or something, but somehow it thinks I do, and has doubled a lot of songs with phantom dummy songs in it's playlist now. It's just a sloppy program.
Clay - I don't experience any of the issues you have with DoubleTwist. I can't explain why, but it works perfectly fine for me. Perhaps it's because I don't access it all that often, or that I have the search folders limited to just the one drive where I keep all my music / videos / photos. Again, I can't answer it but I know I can sync my Droid X up to DT on my desktop and have 3 to 5 playlists of songs sync'd up in a matter of minutes using WiFi. I do not sync up my entire library though, so I have no idea if you are attempting to do so or not. But I can add one song to my Droid in a matter of seconds, either through editing the playlist or simple drag and drop.

I also have the scan iTunes & WinAmp for changes deselected since I need neither, and that definitely adds to the sync/scan time frame if you have them selected. I do not know if it imported the record album covers from iTunes or from another source, but I haven't noticed any missing or anything 'weird' in that regard. But to be honest, I don't use it every day or even every other day so that may explain why I don't experience the issues like you do if you're a "heavy" user.

Have you checked on the DT forums or posted there?