Thread: Blogs, news, etc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I like CNBC Squawk Box in the morning. More actual news than any of the "big 3" cable networks, and it's focused on the business/economic impact, which is what I mostly care about in the news anyway. I read VodkaPundit's blog every morning, and as time allows, I check CNN and Fox, along with Drudge for the conservative perspective and Reddit's news and politics for the (usually-extreme-)liberal perspective.

When Fox News reported that solar won't work in America likes it does in Germany because Germany gets more sun... you know that they are idiots.

"What was Germany doing correct? Are they just a smaller country, and that made it more feasible?" host GretchenCarlson asked.

Fox Business reporter Shiban Joshi's jaw-dropping response: "They're a smaller country, and they've got lots of sun. Right? They've got a lot more sun than we do." In case that wasn't clear enough for some viewers, Joshi went on: "The problem is it's a cloudy day and it's raining, you're not gonna have it." Sure, California might get sun now and then, Joshi conceded, "but here on the East Coast, it's just not going to work."

Mostly... and get this.... I use fark.com All user submitted from across the board. It's primarily a news aggregate known for humorous headlines and highlighting the quality of what makes 'news' today. However, because of the shear bulk of submission, you end up getting a good idea about what's going on. Plus, exposure to alternative points of view helps build a more balanced opinion. I found that I was focusing on only one slant from my news sources, so I've been trying to mix it up.

I subscribe... as a Total Farker, you get discussion boards and access to every submitted article, not just those that are 'green lit'.

I also use slashdot.org; littlegreenfootballs; michellemalkin; drudgereport and I have ZITE filter out interesting stories for me as well on the old iPad.