Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Gunny Highway View Post
Anyone have a Titanfall review? Looking for an AK review not a published review Thinking of picking this one up but will depend on how many AK are playing and opinions on whether it holds up to the hype or not.
Funny you should ask...I built a new gaming machine (last night in fact) and purchased Titanfall with the Season pass.

Took 3.5 hours to build the system and then install Win7. Then I had to update which involved downloading 173 patches. Updated the graphics driver. Installed AVG antivirus. THEN and only then, I was able to download the game.
At 40+ gig, it took 40 minutes or so to DL and install. I still managed to get a couple games in before going to sleep.

Very early impressions: Titanfall definitely seems like a high quality product...great production values. There's an extended tutorial that you play through to get you familiar with the moves. Jumping off walls is a genre changing dynamic
the likes of which we haven't seen in a FPS since Tribes' skiing. Then there's the Titans themselves... I tend to think of them as a suit of armor you can jump into that enhances your powers for a short while. They don't
seem to last long, but that may be because I simply ran into the middle of combat with them. It was fun stomping on pilots and grunts though.

Game play seems smooth and controls are intuitive. The game modes are typical - attrition (kill the other guys), CTF, and Hardpoint domination (typical Battlefield hold the target points the longest type deal.)

There is an experience system and an acheivement system. You level up, get weapons and other powers for both your Titans and yourself. There are loadouts that you can save once you get past the intro weapons. You can
switch loadouts between deaths. Melee kills are possible both in and out of your Titan.

Weapon balance and lasting value are the things I won't know until I get some real time in the game. Obviously I've financially committed to it by buying the season pass, so I'll be playing the game a good bit.

Not sure how taxing the game is on other peoples computers, but it runs super-smooth on mine at 2560x1600 and all frills maxed out. But then my system is brand spanking new...so YMMV. I'd tell Stitch to chime in but he plays on Xbox or something. o.O

I guess the bigger news is that I'm back in the gaming world again. Bring it.