Thread: I need some suggestions

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    OK... I'm having a strange technical problem with Tribes2 that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it. In brief:

Last Wednesday night I booted up T2 and noticed immediately that the graphics were hosed within T2. What's happening is the screen is being stretched horizontally so you can't see the left or right edges. Also, all four corners of the screen are skewed in-ward giving a rounded off look. Needless to say, this makes for a less than ideal gaming experience. I actually played our last match with the screen this way. By the end of the match I had a headache.

When I switch video resolutions in T2 the problem goes away. 640x480 is fine. 1024x768 is also fine. Only 800x600 seems to have a problem. Unfortunealty that's the resolution I want to play on. I'd play on 1024x768 but my frame rate really stinks at that setting.

Thinking this might be a sudden driver problem I re-installed the Nvidia Detonator drivers but that didn't help any. I got into DAoC which I also play at 800x600 and have no problems. I'm going to try a few other games at 800x600 to see if the problem is just T2.

The previous Monday, I got into T2 and had no problems (only 2 days earlier). I have made no modifications to my system at all.

Does anyone have any ideas? This one just stumps me. How does something just start happening like this when I haven't changed anything? Is my monitor going bad?

Help me Mr. Wizard!
    Last edited by [AK]Bribo; 11-30-2001 at 04:21 AM.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Completely remove/re-install T2?

Squid
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.