Thread: New to me...

Question New to me...

I discovered something last night that I had heard quite a bit of buzz about in the past few months, but never had the desire to check it out. Counter-Strike for Half Life is pretty dang awesome. It's like Rogue Spear without a lot of the super-involved command and control functions. Games are fast-paced and usually don't last more than 3-4 minutes. So even if you die right off, you won't get too bored waiting to respawn in the next round.

DSL is massively helpful to my multiplayer experience in HL in general, too. I probably never even considered Counter-Strike because I knew that the lag and stuff would be horrible on my sad little modem. And then there's the 72M download of CS Beta 7.1...ouch!

Anyway, if you haven't played it, I highly recommend it. We could even meet on a server ala Tribes and get some Roger Wilco or something going... I personally pretty much suck at the game so far, but it's still fun! Hasta!

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I've been playing CS since it was first released, and it just gets better and better. It really is the best online first-person shooter out there (with the exception of Tribes, of course). I have a love-hate relationship with it, though. I'll play it like crazy for awhile, then get frustrated and quit for awhile. I think I may get back into it pretty soon, especially if more AKers are getting into it.

------------------
    [AK]Palooka
    August Knights Administrator
    Xearic: 50 Necromancer
    Burwell: 40 Cleric

August Knights

RedDot

I have finally finished my system, and half-life is back up and running. I kinda like CS, but I suck at it......I wanna use my jetpack..... The only thing I hate about it is trying to find people. There are a TON of servers out there, and trying to find someone is a pain. Is there a buddy list out there I am missing?

[AK]Goob

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Arrow

I enjoy a rousing round of CounterStrike now and then (once I shoved the 72-meg download down my dialup connection's throat). I can only play on certain servers....for some reason, a lot of them have a DLL that differs from one of mine. Only thing I can figure is that there must be a patch for HL that I don't currently have. We'll have to get together for a game sometime.

In terms of finding buddies...probably the easiest way to do that is to use GameSpy...I presume that it supports counterstrike.

------------------
    [AK]The Beast
    "Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'." -Tim Robbins, The Shawshank Redemption

SlAuGhTeR

Cool

Try gamespy Arcade.. It supports almost everything.. Get it here

------------------
    SlAuGhTeR
    slaughter@wolfteam.com
    SlAuGhTeR [aYg]
    'The slaughter fest has begun, punk.'