Hi everyone ...

... and welcome to all the new members who've joined AK since the last time I was on the boards much - Jackle, Dr_K and Pixelsponge.

I just upgraded my video card - threw down a whopping $99 for a 3D Prophet II GeForce II MX 32MB. It was quite an improvement over my old TNT2. I'm having difficulty adjusting to the framerate increase.

That's why y'all are murdering me in Tribes II. Yeah, that's it. Has to be. If one more person hits me with a heatseeking missle before I figure out how to avoid the things ... well, you won't like it. Trust me.

Anyway, I really like Tribes II and expect to be online a good bit. I am still playing Counterstrike too and would appreciate some backup on there if anyone is still interested.

And (Yes, I know this should be in another forum) does anyone have suggestions for performance tweaks on my video card? My system is this:

Pentium III 733
256 megs RAMBUS memory@372mhz
GeForce II MX 32mb card
Soundblaster Live X-Gamer

I verclocked the video card a litle bit - upped the processor to 185mhz and the memory to 185mhz. However, when I ran the Mad Onion 3D Benchmark, I got only 1964 3D marks. That seems bad.

Any advice is appreciated,

[AK]Abaddon