Thread: Shrike Bailout

Shrike Bailout

Hi, my name is Hale, and I have a problem....

When I set a Shrike on a collision course (for a flag grab or just to ram someone) and jump out, more often then not I end up getting run over by my own vehicle. I see others do this and it doesn't seem that hard, so I must be doing something wrong.

When I jump out, should I jet straight up? Or up and back, or something else?

Pointers are appreciated.

Also, is there any easy way to tell how close the bottom of your vehicle is to the ground? I notice that Shirkes are frequently used to ram people on the ground, but I either bounce off the ground or am too high.

Thanks!

move your nose down just before ejecting or move your nose to the right or left before ejecting. Should stop you from getting run over.

NR

Thanks! I'll give it a try the next time I want to send a shrike on its way.

August Knights

This is the kind of stuff we cappers spend lots of time practicing. I had it down to a science under the base physics, but now I have to start over with base++, when I can find the time. Here are the basics:

You have a personal speed limit. When your body (out of vehicle) exceeds that speed limit, you will slow down to the limit.

The vehicle has no speed limit, but as soon as you jump out, it will start slowing down.

So there are two kinds of successful Shrike exits:

1) Go really fast, jump out, and let your speed limit pull you back. The shrike will slide out from under you, and you can dive in for a high-speed cap run.

2) Go slower with the Shrike. Once you jump, jet a little so that the Shrike will have time to slow down and slide behind you. This approach doesn't give you the lightning-fast cap, but it does leave the possibility that your Shrike will still be there for you if you lose momentum during your cap run.

The best way to develop these is to watch your speedometer at the moment you exit. Also always watch the distance from target at which you jump. You know you're really good when you can jump from a moving Shrike at high altitude, jet for a few seconds, and then get back in.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas