Yep, it is OFFICIAL that the Demo is comming out this week. They even have a countdown timer on the official website and an announcement. The timer is at 2 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes, and 20 seconds. That's what? Friday? It will be the Wake island map. It will feature Aircraft carrier, Destroyers, Fighters (I have no info on which planes), dive bombers, light tanks, APC's, and scout cars from what I have read.

I, for one, CAN NOT WAIT... pant pant pant

Too bad I am probably busy with my folks this weekend but if my experience with multiplayer launches means anything it will probably be close to unplayable for the first couple days anyway. Of course it might work realy well on day one. We shall see.

I did also read that the scout/sniper class can spot for artillary that is both land and sea based so someone manning a ships guns can use the scout spotting camera for their shells. Nice.

I hope the flight model does not suck as bad as I have been hearing. I have not tried the Wake island demo hack for the single player game myself and nobody knows if the flight model in that will be the final thing (it probably is). Silly stuff like using the keyboard for the throttle is your only option and you have to keep pressing the "gas" or the engine shuts off. All on or all off is it. I realy hope they change that, I prefer a joystick for plane flying but the tanks control with the keyboard works fine.

BF1942 Multiplayer Demo Info