Thread: See you guys around, maybe in a couple months...

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades See you guys around, maybe in a couple months...

Maybe more. My machine is officialy dead. More than just the power supply is fried and that is all it takes for me. I have spent my last penny trying to make it work and now have several hundred dollars of useless brand new junk.

Unless things change drasticaly for me soon it will be at least 2 months before I can start to build a new system.

I will still look at the forums at work but I am down for the duration. All my game accounts are closed and my cable internet connection is going next.

It's been fun guys. See you in the ether.

And no, I am not a happy camper.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

You can't return the stuff you bought and claim it was DOA? I can't tell you how many times I've done that particular scheme...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

As if I had not thought of that. Unfortunately after my last motherboard died (as it turns out I think it was due to the failing powersuply that seemed ok) I took my processor and fan into the store and pluged it in to their test station there so they know it was good when I walked out. Besides more that just the motherboard may have fried, I just don't know yet. This weekend I will probably be enlisting the help of friends systems to determine what is good and what is not. If the board did its job right it should have protected the other components but we shall see.

I have not quite given up all hope yet. Just all reasonable hope. I never claimed to be particularly reasonable.

I have a freelance job lined up already this weekend that may pull my fat out of the fryer (and that is a lot of fat) but won't know till it's done.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I bet AK folks have enough spare parts sitting around to get you back in business, Wid. I have a 300W power supply you can have, for instance. I also have an ABIT motherboard I'm not using, but it's pretty flaky, so I don't think you'd want it. For crying out loud, keep your internet connection!

Although I'm not an AK *cough* member *cough*, I have an 800MHz AMD Althon Tbird free to a good home. Maybe its 850 MHz (forget exactly). Have a fan too, but you'll need new thermal glop.

Yah man I've got some extra stuff hanging around......post a list and maybe we can all throw a part of two.

I bet if you talked to Goob's wife she would be more than happy to send a truckload of his puter parts for you to enjoy...lol

See inventory list below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I've got dibs on the stiff trousers!

That totally looks like my office from a few years ago... Now most of my "junk" equipment is sitting in boxes in the garage, but trust me, you don't want any of it... I DO have a couple of Pentium 200 (MMX!) machines sitting here in my floor doing nothing... The mess in my office now consists largely of piles of unopened junk mail and empty boxes from the computer equipment that has strolled through my office over the course of the last few months... Man, I need to clean this craphole up... With AMD's announcement last week about the 2600+ CPUs, I'll probably continue to be my old insane self and pop for one... That means I'll have a 1200MHz T-Bird laying around in need of a good home... The only downside is that it's not a DDR-ready chip... I've also still got that GeForce3 Classic laying around gathering dust, but I might have to give that one to the kids, meaning I'll have a GF2 Ultra without a home. The sad thing is that I gave a computer away a few months ago to my brother-in-law... Nothing fancy, but it was a PII 500MHz system with 128M of RAM and a GF2. That was my state-of-the-art rig back in 1998/99. Anyway, I'm sure we can all pony up something, so don't go hacking and slashing. We'll need your piloting skills in BF1942 ladder play, my man...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

Hey Z, if your lookin to get rid of those 200's talk to me, ill gladly give you some cash for em.
    "Luck Does Not Go About In Search Of A Fool"
    - Andy Hudson in Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy.

I have an old Pentium 166 MMX sitting out in the garage that is about to become junk too.. although I have been thinking of keeping it and tinkering with it. Who knows.. its without a lot of stuff though, like HD, video, sound, modem, drives in general.. its just a case, power, cpu, mb, and memory..
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Seems like everyone else has already got you a system, Wid, but I've got two Athlon mobos sitting here: the one I mentioned yesterday, and a Jabil slot A Athlon mobo with a Gateway BIOS. Take your pick, I'll happily send you either one.

(Oh, and if Palooka gets the stiff trousers, then I call the shiny shoes! )

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    I too have some old crap to contribute. I'm not sure what all it is, and its been packed away since my move, but if you need some extras, post what you need and I'll break out the boxes.

August Knights

LOL I just checked in and saw that picture... Welp It still looks almost exactly the same It is a little bit neater but still piled up with crap....most of which is older than dirt and I have no idea why I am holding on to it ... Well ok all the cards and piles of drives do look kinda cool

-Goob