Thread: Helpful hints from the BF1942 website.

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar

Helpful hints from the BF1942 website.

When using the sniper rifle, hold the FIRE button down after you shoot to stay in zoom mode. This will allow you to see how your shot fell. When you release the FIRE button you will un-zoom and reload.

The scout can place cameras with the binoculars fire and the artillery pieces and ships can cycle through those cameras with [ALT] + FIRE.

You can throw grenades a short distance with [ALT] + FIRE.

You can resupply your planes by flying slow and low over airfield/carrier ammo sources. You’ll know you’re near one if the ammo icon appears on your screen.

You can drive over landmines if you go slow enough. Of course you’re a sitting duck while you navigate this way.

Engineers can remove mines with the wrench tool.

http://www.ea.com/eagames/official/b.../demo_tips.jsp

Doesn't really help with Palooka much. I want to know how he's always behind me. :P

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

Because if he was in front of you he could get hurt

That tip page at the BF1942 site is where I got most of my info. If more players looked over that little document they could better utilize the equipment and even aim considering there is a small travel time between firing a weapon and the bullet hitting. Most of the public players still think of it in terms of "hitscan" (fire and bullet instantly hits).

My experience in WWIIOL has trained me to take into account bullet time. I still, howerver, kind of suck but that is my problem. Most of the "tips" I've been throwing out I got from that demo tips page. Some from reading the forums, like the fact that using the torpedo bomber as it should be use yields far greater damage to the boats.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

I just found there's a ladder in back of one of the airfield bunkers. Its the one that overlooks the sea close to the plane spawn. The roof is an excellent spot for a prone soldier to rack up some kills. You don't need to be a sniper either, I got good results with the assault kit. It works even better if you have someone else to guard the base of the ladder, which isn't a bad spot to snipe from either.

Everyone knows the crosshairs will tell you how accurate you are? I haven't seen that stated explicity anywhere. They will move apart as your error increases.
    You can notice a big difference with a pistol between stationary and moving shots.