You'd be surprised at how much spam gets blocked at the email gateways... A quick check of the logs for just today reveals 53 attempts to spam our servers that got blocked by the real-time black list that I use... It doesn't catch everything, but it does catch alot... At one point after I just turned on the RBL, I was actually spam-free in my AK account for a couple of days... It was nice... Basically, an RBL is a database that stores lists of known spammers and open relays on the Internet (which spammers can use to bounce messages around the Internet anonymously). Unfortunately, these repositories require human input to report these culprits. So, if you want to do something that might actually stem the tide a bit, look at the email headers for the message in question. There'll likely be a line in the headers that looks something like:

Received: from websrvr2.lanservice.local (bdsl.66.13.201.178.gte.net [66.13.201.178] by mh0.l337hosting.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 60B654080

For August Knights and other L337Hosting-hosted email, you'll want to look for the second "Received" tag in the headers; the first one listed will be the relay that occurred with the message from the primary mail hubs (mh0.l337hosting.com and mh1.l337hosting.com) to the Netscape Messaging Servers (ancalagon.l337hosting.com). In any case, if you email relays@relays.osirusoft.com with the IP address of the "from" server in the body of the message, that spamhaus will be tagged for testing. If the spamhaus in question is reported 3 times in a day, it will be tagged as an evil spamming site and be blocked forever more.

In the mean time, I'll check around and see if I can find a tougher RBL that will block spam more effectively. Sorry for all the hassles...