Thread: Favorite Kit

Favorite Kit

So what's everyones prefered kit?

Call me a smacktard, but I'll take Assault. Best small arm in the game, good rate of fire, good distance, reasonable anti-vehicle damage.

I'd take the Medic, but I have to litteraly run someone down in the pubs to heal them. I've never heard anyone call for a Medic except me. The SMG doesn't have the distance or anti-vehicle punch the assault rifle does.

Sniper: I'd love to be a sniper, but I have trouble hitting moving targets. People used to stand still a lot more a few weeks ago. Now I usually end up getting shot in the back of the head waiting for a target to stand still.

AT: You can never find a tank to blow up when you need one.

Engineer: On the flilp side, I can never find a tank to camp in when I'm an engineer. That plus I usually end up losing most tank vs tank battles. Perhaps the landmines and exp pack would be more useful on a less fluid map them wake.

Smacktard... I hate the guys that carry machine guns around all the time... Especially since machine guns have such ridiculous accuracy at long distances. IMHO, there should be a trade-off to having a fully automatic weapon, but currently the machine guns in the game are completely unbalanced, and I think it sucks...

As for me, since I'm invariably strapped to a tank or a plane (either pounding enemy sites or taking down bandits), engineer seems to be a good kit for me. When the heat of battle is finished and my target's tank is a smoldering pile of steel and diesel, it's nice to be able to jump out and make repairs. I also don't mind sitting on the destroyer and bombarding ground targets if someone is willing to spot for me, and even manning the AA guns on the carrier is fun when the allies are trying hard to sink it. In all cases, a kit that allows me to make repairs in between salvos is nice. Additionally, I like the No4/K98 rifle at distance. I've gotten pretty decent at pulling off head shots at a couple of hundred yards. Close-in combat is another story entirely, consisting of lots of spastic jumping and firing/reloading of my pistol...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

My favorite is the assault as well. Knowing how to pick up dropped kits is nice as I can switch any time I want (in a tank, kill that engineer trying to explosive pack me then grab his kit to repair my tank). Used right the assault can be deadly, getting a plane kill with the BAR is pretty cool (hint, shoot it in the engine or you are doing practicaly nothing).

My second would be the medic just for the fast rate of fire SMG and the ability to heal myself. I do heal others when I can, seems many people do not know that they show the percentage of health others have when you are the medic (and the percent of armor left when you are engineer). I have read many posts where people are wanting health bars instead of percentages because it is too hard to see the numbers. Wimps, smacktards, whatever... It is not that hard to tell how hurt someone is.

My third favorite would be the engineer for demolitions and repairs but in a fight I fold fast.

Sniper I use to spot for artillary and snipe the occational enemy but I have always sucked as a sniper.

Anti-Tank is dubious to me. I think that Grenades seem to do more damage to tanks than the recoiless rifle (bazooka) we get. The bazooka has the advantage of some range (not a heck of a lot). I personaly think grenade damage to tanks is a bit too high and the bazooka is a bit too low. I don't normaly use this kit except for certain situations. I see a lot of people trying to use it as the old splash damage Quakish rocket launcher. The specificaly nerfed splash damage against troops to keep people from using it this way, otherwise we would see whole teams of rocket launchers shooting at peoples feet.

It may be smacktardish to use the assault but it is still my default choice.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

Mine would have to be Scout (Sniper) but its so weak that I might as well just use assault all the time.. when that dorm room connection kicks in in a couple weeks though, I'll be a premier sniper.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    Smacktards ho! I rarely play as the assault class, because traditionally I've been a horrid duelist. I've gotten better by pubbing, but I'm far better suited in a support role. I usually play a refreshing mix of scout, medic, and engineer . So far, I've found that I'm best suited for base defense. Yes, I am the turret monkey. Put me behind a browning and I can reduce many would be base cappers to little more than a dropped kit and a death rattle. The stationary guns chew up light armor and support vehicles at an alarming rate. I usually take an anti tank kit with me if I know vehicles are inbound. That way you can chew them up from the front with the browning, and if they're foolish enough to charge the flag, one deft shot to the rear from the bazooka is enough to send them to respawn purgatory.