Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with joysticks

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Originally posted by the wolffman
    i don't think tribes 2 did it to perfection at all. when i played, i used sensitivity scripts in order to get an acceptable output. one of the many reasons why i stopped playing it and went back to the original tribes. guess you could call me one of those die-hard veterans that hangs out with the other vets at tribalwar.
    Try Classic yet?
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Originally posted by [AK]Slaughter
    ahh yes, now I remember.. How are those speakers? Pretty good I'd imagine.. even better than mine if they are 5.1.. but I'm guessing 4.1, would I be correct in that presumption?
    400W of audio goodness, but, yes, they are 4.1's... Which is fine, really, because I don't know of a PC game that does 5.1 DD. I had some Midiland 5.1's with a digital decoder and the whole 9, and traded up for the Klipsch. Can't say I'm unhappy with the decision...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

Whats the current technology with Audio? I'm behind the times, and am not down with the 4.1 and 5.1 stuff.

Thanks!

Zorro, that picture doesn't show up for me. Just a little red x in a white box.

Ya, you could drive if you wanted. Where is Des Moines again? I know I've heard of it and might have been there on my way to somewhere.

BTW, ever been to Boring? There's a town in Washington called Boring, which we drive through on our way to Winthrop sometimes. Its so great, theres the Boring Laundry Mat, and the Boring Tavern, and everything.

zorro's picture is similar to my setup. speaking of which, zorro and i have the same mouse (microsoft wireless intellimouse explorer) and had the same joystick (microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro). i'm kissing microsoft's ass when i say this, but their hardware is worth the money. windows xp was also worth it, but i can understand why some people are angry (for those people, buy the freaking software, cheap bastards).

squidly, currently tribes 2 is uninstalled. as soon as the gold edition patch comes out, i'll reinstall and give it another go.

hale - basically the 4.1 and 5.1 means # of speaker(s) dot # of subwoofer(s). for example, i have a 2.1 setup on my computer: two speakers, one subwoofer. one of my odd friends has a 6.2 setup on his computer system, but he has no dvd player or thx-enhanced games.

Originally posted by Aerothorn
    Zorro, that picture doesn't show up for me. Just a little red x in a white box.

Ya, you could drive if you wanted. Where is Des Moines again? I know I've heard of it and might have been there on my way to somewhere.

BTW, ever been to Boring? There's a town in Washington called Boring, which we drive through on our way to Winthrop sometimes. Its so great, theres the Boring Laundry Mat, and the Boring Tavern, and everything.
    Erm, try refreshing or right clicking on the x box and clicking "show picture" or something... WFM...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

Now I can't even see the red x in teh box. Just text....this is all messed up.

I'm still at 2.0 then.

Best sound I ever had was when I hooked my Amiga up to my stero 15 years ago and played M1 Tank Platoon

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I did something similar to that with my parent's stereo, our 386 Packard Bell, and the original Warcraft when I was a teenager. That was right after we'd upgraded the computer from 2 megs of RAM to 4, and added a sound card (the original Sound Blaster or SB Pro, IIRC). Not long after that, the computer was replaced by a Pentium 120 mhz with 16 megs of RAM, and Faxman and I discovered the magic of online gaming when we dialed one another's modems for one-on-one games of Duke Nukem 3D after school.

Man, I'm way too young to be reminiscing about the "good ol' days".

Zorro, I can see teh pic now. I can't set it up the way you do, cause if I did my left speaker would fall of the desk, cause my mouse is where your joystick is. Damnit. I haven't played BF1942 in days and I'm not playing till they fix their damn game.