Thread: WWII Online is up!

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb WWII Online is up!

Got this from their website:

Dear customers,

Firstly, thank you for your patience while we work out the issues of this difficult launch. We are very grateful for the response the game has received. It is more than we had hoped for and we look forward to the opportunity to present players with a unique online gaming experience.

We've had a rough start with the game. We've had hardware and software issues and we have been working night and day to get the service operational. We made the decision to scale back servers to prioritize stability as our focus is to allow more people to start experiencing the game as soon as possible. Once stable, we will then begin to upgrade the servers with the goal of integrating them into one seamless world as soon as feasible.

Again, our profound thanks to you all for your patience, and for sticking with us through this rough start. As stated before, we expected a big show, but not THIS big! The fact that so many folks want to experience WWIIOL will help to insure that it becomes a success.

I have been having a blast on it. They have 4 servers up and 2 more on the way becasue they is CROWDED! But like the man said they will be working on getting the capacity greatly increased. Right now it is at 1000 players per server. Framerates still need work from them but it is still great and they are going to get the framerates up they say too. Also straight from the horses mouth they announced that you WILL be able to get out of the vehicles (bail from planes, exit tanks and trucks) in one of the next few patches.

Looking forward to when this game gets rolling! Oh, and the actual war with suply lines and tactical control will be comming up next month so now is the time to get the hang of combat before the war begins.

Servers are not 100% up, I had a couple other crashes too. They sometimes have to take a server down to do some work on it but that is only expected with a beta Still at least just had a good 1.5hour session that was fun.

[AK]Widowmaker

Right there with you man! Been going at it heavy for 3hrs...

Headed out of Chiney in tank got almost to dinat and flipped it on the side of the road...heh

Next time out slowed down for the downhill section...Char waiting for me. Fade to Black!

Next time out slowed down sooner...3 chars waiting for me...Fade to Black!

Next time out hide in the tree line before that downhill...killed 3 infantry, then the server died.

I played for an hour as german infantryman...teamed up with two other guys and we were all over the map in little fire fights and clean up after tank battles.

Loads of fun.

[AK]NeverRetreat