Thread: Hitman2

Hitman2

Finished it today... Cool game with lots of detail work put into it. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good mixture of Quake and/or Thief (your choice). My only complaint would have to be that I'm already done... I was able to play through it inside of 20 hours...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

I really want to try that game.. Currently working on finishing up FFX since I stopped playing it about a month after it came out.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

August Knights

Zorro, how does the sneaking compare to Thief? I read that the guards are a little too bright, so that if you fire a long range sniper shot that's detected, all of them will immediately know where you are. This sounded a lot like Hitman, where you had to stay within one or two narrow little paths, and there was no recovering if you fell off that path. To me, the fun part of Thief was the sense of an open-ended game, where there were many different ways to achieve the objectives.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

Hitman2 is definitely non-linear. You can achieve objectives in the order you see fit using the manner you want to. Stealth seemed like the way to go for me on most missions, but full-on aggression is acceptable, though less elegant IMHO... The guards are VERY smart, but react like a real person might in a given situation... If they find a dead body, they'll usually raise an alarm, bring in reinforcements, or beef up security. Disguises are only really effective for long periods of time if you don't draw attention to yourself and "look the part". Hence, trying to be a bald white dude dressed up like an Arab isn't going to get you a ton of mileage unless the bad guys keep their distance. Guards will home in on a rifle/gun report if they're close enough, but if you pull of a long distance shot that is silenced, they'll just look for obvious suspects. If you're in a convincing disguise and aren't carrying guns when you're not supposed to or carrying the wrong gun, they won't even give you a second glance in most cases.
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand