Thread: MS Game Voice....

MS Game Voice....

Does anyone have any experiences with this? Id like to know if its worth opening up (that way I can return it).

I only got it because the same Plantronic's headphone, alone, was just 5 dollars cheaper..LOL.

G

August Knights

I use a similar product called Game Commander for T2. It works really well when you need to execute more commands than you can reach without looking on the keyboard.

It takes a while to set the whole thing up, because you have to give the program a name for each command and the key that corresponds to that command. Then you have to remember which names you gave to which commands.

And then you realize that some of the names you gave have sounds that are hard to recognize, or the sounds are similar to other commands. For example, in T2 I have a voice bind to announce that the enemy's generators are destroyed. Originally I tried 'enemy generators down,' but the soft 'g' in 'generators' was too hard to recognize. So I had to go back into the program and change it to 'enemy power down' to get the hard 'p' sound.

The voice recognition isn't flawless, so you don't want to use it in situations where you need immediate response. In T2, it worked well for in-game communications and inventory selection. In BF1942 it might be useful for selecting loadout, changing weapons, and changing camera view.

So I wouldn't think of it as a keyboard replacement. If you can reach an extra key without looking down, you'll want to use the key instead of voice. But if you run out of keys, it works pretty well.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

I also had Game Commander and used it for Homeworld. It worked fairly well, but the keyboard was better. I had too many painful experiences when Game Commander failed to recognize a voice command at a critical time.
    This space for rent.

The new client of Teamspeak, I see, supports GameVoice. I was testing out and everything worked fine.

The headset (its a Plantronics unit made for Microsoft) works quite well. Noise cancelling mics make a world of difference.

Ill see how well TS works during practice though....

G