Thread: Asheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings

Asheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings

I picked up AC2 today while browsing around in EB for something else to occupy my time... I've never played AC, but I've heard good things about it. I've been needing to feed my MMORPG lust lately (I even bought Shadows of Luclin and reactivated my EQ account for a brief 3 days), so I thought I'd give it a shot... Worst case scenario, I hate it and return it in time to pick up the new DAOC expansion... I'll let you know...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

A kid I met said he beta tested for it and that its tons better than AC 1.. I never played AC 1, but I guess it had a ton of l337 5p34k in it.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

I found AC1 boring so had no interest in AC2. I still like EQ.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

AC2 definitely wins the action crown of any MMORPG game I've played. Spawn/pop rates are fairly quick and health/vigor regeneration is ridiculously quick. I like the crafting system quite a bit, and not having to run to town to sell crap every five minutes is kind of nice. I like the post-apocalyptic story-line. The game is simply gorgeous, but even I have performance issues with everything turned all the way up... There's a nasty bug with Creative Labs sound cards that has yet to be ironed out, so most everyone is playing with no sound. This makes the game significantly less fun for me, but it beats crashing the system every 10 minutes... I like the idea of an evolving environment that begins to rebuild itself over time. I also like the skill trees that they have setup to allow you pretty much full license with your character's development... I'm playing a melee guy and have him up to level 13 currently... But, if I want to throw some magic skills in there for good measure, I'm more than allowed to do so... Comparing this to EQ (which I loaded up again and tried to play again last month), AC2 is WORLDS more fun...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

August Knights

Of course it is more fun, it is because it is new. However, I fear it will end up like DAoC, WW2O, and AO. They may be fun for a while, but they dont have near the lasting taste that EQ gives me. I probably wont buy any other mm games until the next sony made games comes out, SWG, Planetside, and of course (when it finally comes out) EQ2.
    Jackle