Originally posted by [AK]Devil_Dog
How can you undertsand these men if you don't have some belief in God?
Oh no! Someone brought God into the conversation!!!

Let's not forget that the first amendmant, yes that's the one BEFORE your precious 2nd one, says this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

The most important thing (in my opinion) that the founding father's did was to write the seperation of church and state into their government.

So keep God out of this!

Now for the Second Amendmant:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

You have to ask yourself how loose this language is... did the forefathers intend for "the people" to haves guns or did they mean a "well regulated militia"? I see these as two starkly different things. I think the intention is clear. They wanted to ensure that people had the right to defend themselves from Tyranny.... but that's so ironic!

Everyday, people obsess about issues like this one and they spout off about their patriotism and their right to do whatever they want because of the freedoms guarannteed to them by the bill of rights.... but while you're wasting your time, several large multi-national corporations are slowly buying up the world and your politician's and changing your rights for the profit of a few (oligarchy)....and you think you're protecting yourself with your hand guns... but you go buy gas, and those new electronics, and those clothes... and then you go to work in your corporate jobs and pay your taxes to support a war on drugs and a war on Iraq.... all the while this system is holding you down with it's profit over people mentality....

If you want to defend yourself against tyranny put down your guns and start voting and protesting corporate campaign financing and a corporations right as a person and the pending war on Iraq...