Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet, just got accepted to the Planetside Beta.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

Yeah, I feel bad too. Sorry Stitch.

But hopefully someone else can get a buddy email to him (NR is in the exclusive beta, he should have or be getting the email and anyone else who got into exclusive as far as I know).
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

News from the developers:

High water mark today was 3331. That's about 1000 more players than we've ever had before.
    Of course, in the course of doing this, we've found more issues to correct. But after all...that's what beta is for.

Those of you that are being patient and helping us test this so we can fix the issues...THANK YOU. Those that can't find patience...well...I recommend you take a week off and come back later.

We will be revving a new world server up tonight because it's clear that we don't have enough capacity in this world to field all players. That is being worked on now and will hopefully be available in a couple hours.

The server names are (currently) representative of dimensional shifts off of a base reality. Therefore, what was once known as Staging (our test server) will become Auraxis Prime. All other servers will be Upshifts or Downshifts based on that.

We'll see how that works out. Just didn't want you to be too confused when you see the names.

We also have a fairly major server optimization scheduled to go in tonight when we rev for the new world. We hope to see some significant improvement in stability and lag issues. (Although the servers are doing pretty well for 3300 players with no particularly new optimizations right now. Granted...there's annoying lag...and the zones max out and dump...but sheesh...there's a LOT going *right* at the moment.)

Stay tuned. Should be a big night. We're expecting record numbers this weekend.

See you all in one of our multiple realities soon!

and...

By the way...if you're having troubles logging in, that's almost certainly because the server is full or the Sanctuaries are full.
    That's a natural byproduct of us trying to max out the servers so we can stress the code.

However, we want you to be able to play and that's why we're working hard to spin up a new world for you tonight.

Even so, you may find times where it's hard to log on. Please just keep trying. Eventually someone will quit and you'll get in.

[AK]Widowmaker

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    At first I didn't really want to play it that bad. But then the more I read about it, and the more I see my fellow knights get accepted, I get more and more excited about wanting to play it. And from the general response so far, it looks like everyone is enjoying it. I am really looking forward to this game now. I'm going to do my Yoga now and meditate to try and supress those excited feelings. So I can be more zen.

I remember handing my EVE beta over to Choozoo AKA Big Cup, so he owes me.

I'll show oyu enjoyment... Time Logged on EQ since CD's shipped: 72hrs Time Logged on PS: 0hrs, still waiting on CD's....

Even if they come tomorrow I have to wait until Monday now.. because I can't get packages on the weekend at the dorm. blah.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Shades

Aw, Stitch, we just like it cause it's free

Once people play it for a while we'll see how good it turns out.

I hope we all like it, I do so far but I can see how it would grow old but the same could be said about Tribes.

[AK]Widowmaker

Its pretty laggy. However the training areas aren't too bad if you can get into the Sanctuary in the first place.

me no angry!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Me want beta! **Pounds Fists**

Oh yeah, Stitch, you can have Eve back, I have no trouble sleeping anymore! Besides, I just got into that beta, LOOK OUT! there are asteroids to mine!

There is always raven shield, or chess, or even, WWIIOL.
    Last edited by Choozoo; 04-18-2003 at 05:54 PM.

Here is one of the friend letters I stole off the Team Riven site. It is courtesy of Streamline or "Spun-One" from T2. Have at it:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I screwed up and deleted the other PS thred. So let me try again. I was just ttrying to move it... bah... Anyway, This is an Email they sent me. Encouraging me to invite my friends to beta.

Quote:
    Need someone to watch your back in PlanetSide(tm)? Got a friend who's itching to get online and join your Empire? We know you do, so read on!

Many of you have been asking about it, and now the time has arrived - we want you to get your friends online and join our beta test! We all know just how integral the formation of Squads and Outfits are in PlanetSide, and now we're giving YOU the opportunity to recruit your friends. Whether you enlist in a Squad together, or decide to strike out and form your own, the fight for total domination can start right here! Just forward the instructions below to your new recruit. (Minimum system requirements are 256MB of RAM with 1Ghz CPU or faster, and a Direct3D compliant video card with at least 32MB of Video RAM).

Step 1) Register your Station Account into the PlanetSide fan club by visiting www.planetside.com/beta/direct_user.jsp. The form MUST be completed all the way through to the End User License Agreement. This is important, otherwise, parts of the PlanetSide beta website will NOT be accessible! (The same page has options for creating a new Station Account if you do not have one currently)

Step 2) Download the PlanetSide web installer from www.planetside.com/beta/PlanetSideInstall.zip (approx 250k in size). Extract the file to your desktop (PlanetSideInstall.exe) and run it.

Step 3) Within a few minutes, you should see the PlanetSide Launchpad with the License Agreement, and a small "Welcome to the Station!" window. Click CONTINUE, then read the License agreement.

Step 4) Be SURE to sign in with the Station Account used to register for the fan club from Step 2. You will then be prompted to SUBSCRIBE to PlanetSide.

Here is the subscription key for PlanetSide beta: PS1G3MBPFE3KJCBC0MYT

Once the account is activated, the full client will then begin installation (a progress bar will indicate time remaining).

Step 5) After the download completes, click PLAY and join the Auraxis server.

We highly encourage you to visit the beta website at www.planetside.com/beta for information regarding the beta test and its current state.

Happy downloading, and we'll see you online!

Sincerely,

-The PlanetSide(tm) Team
    Sony Online Entertainment

** This is an automated email for the PlanetSide Beta program. Please do not reply to this email. Instead, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of http://planetside.station.sony.com/beta or email psbugs@soe.sony.com **

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    My patch keeps hanging for some reason after about an hour or so in. Very frustrating! I still have yet to play this game.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Played for about two hours today and it reminds me of WW II online in the beginning. The good news this thing is beta! WWIIOL was production. Spent an hour wandering around and there was no one to shot. Just building to move around in and country side to view. Gained a new Rank but I don;t know how.. Wierd..

Anyway if you See a Rick in the game it's me.

LOL
    Last edited by [AK]Rocks; 04-19-2003 at 04:33 PM.

beta disks didn't even come today.. so monday or tuesday I will have it... hopefully..
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Rocks, you can get experience for the just exploring... investigate the equipment buying station? Bing! 50 EXP! Use a base defense gun? Bing! 100 EXP!

So they help you along at first level, rewarding you for exploring how things in the game work.

You shouldn't be wandering around with nothing to shoot... choose instant action. It'll work unless there are no conflicts on the island you are currently on (in which case you should recall to sanctuary or jump through a warp gate to go to another island.)

As far as stability goes, today's probably been the best I've seen.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

OH the IRONY!

I get a beta account from someone, download for 2 hours, play for 15 minutes. I get a weapon, and then get shot. I spawn in again, get shot in the tube. Haven't been able to get back in since.

maybe its a good thing I'm waiting til I get my disk's
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Shades

Try setting you server select to No Selection on the patch screen. Then select a different server or the same server and try to make a new character. Or just go through from the server select screen and select your character on you server and see if you can get in that way. When I have had trouble spawning in that usualy worked for me.

[AK]Widowmaker